Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ipsy July 2014 Review - Sensationally Sunkissed

My monthy pink Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived! Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that comes with both samples and full size items all wrapped up in a different makeup bag. I cannot wait to see what July has in store. 


What do you know, the pink pack contained a pink makeup bag. It is super cute. I love the the girly edges, but it is on the smaller side. The month's card didn't even fit inside. That does allow me to see the theme before peeking in the bag, which for the month of July is Sensationally Sunkissed. 


At first glance, this bag is stocked full of more full size items than samples. This is a great sign, especially since the bag is so small. 





Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine

$10.00 

I am always searching for a good bronzer, especially in the summertime, so this was the perfect addition to this month's Glam Bag. Plus, it works perfectly with the theme. I like to use a bronzer as a blush for the summer. It helps define my cheekbones while giving my face a tan look. I will definitely be using this all summer!


Pur-lisse Pur-protect SPF 30

$55.00 - 1.7 oz        $16.18

I like the idea of using a SPF as your daily face moisturizer, especially during these sun heavy months. I also enjoy how this product calms sensitive skin and is light and moisturizing without adding grease. This could easily be my favorite item of this month's Glam Bag, but I am a little sad it isn't waterproof. That means I will have to use another face SPF for the beach. I guess this will be solely for day to day use.


bareMinerals 5in1 BB Cream Eyeshadow

$18.00 - .10 fl oz        $5.40

bareMinerals is one of my favorite makeup brands and I love this eyeshadow, but I would have much rather preferred a face concealer or a different color. This cream shadow is so light, and doesn't crease while on your eye. This would look great on tan people, but my pink / pale skin just clashes with the color. Great product, but wrong color for me.


Faith Aromatherapy Citrus-Ginger Anti-oxidant Lotion

$17.99 - 8.5 oz          $2.11

This lotion smells great, even though I am sure I am one of a few people that enjoy ginger. I do like that this lotion is anti-oxidant, but other than that there is nothing too special about it. It would be perfect for your skin after a day in the sun. I will definitely enjoy this sample, but I won't be purchasing the full size item. 


Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass Lip Tint in Cherry

$22.99 - 10 g

This product reminds me of something you would find in a sex shop. Despite it's cost, it looks really cheap, and it left my lips a little dry. Plus, I don't think it really works. I will glop it on, but I don't notice a change in my lip color. I don't even understand how this product goes with this month's theme. This product is just not for me. 


This month's Glam Bag was full of ups and downs. Some items I am completely in love with and some were complete misses. The pluses definitely outweigh the negatives though, and the theme was perfect for this hot, sunny month.


I estimate this month's Glam Bag to be worth $56.68, which is great considering I paid $10. If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment