Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ispy August 2014 Review - Beauty Schooled

My Ipsy Glam Bag is here for August and I can't wait to see what the theme is for the month. Ipsy is a beauty subscription bag that comes with both samples and full size items in a makeup bag for $10 every month. 


This month's theme is Beauty Schooled. It is the middle of August and school goes back into swing in a couple of weeks, so these items are will help perfect this years new beauty routine. Unfortunately, I am all done with school, but hopefully these items will help me freshen up my look. 


At first glance, I am not completely into this bag or the items inside. I don't like the plastic, polkadot bag, and the none of the items inside look that exciting. I hope that once I sample each one of these they will have more to offer.


Absolute Lip Balm You're the Balm in Green Apple

$5.99 for 2 - 12 g          

I wasn't too excited to see this sample in my bag because I already own this product, but at least I will have a backup if my original one goes missing. This isn't a lip balm I would use to deeply replenish my chapped lips, but it is perfect for a nice glossy look when your lips are too chapped for lipstick. Plus, the green apple smell is so yummy and goes with the school theme. 



Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer

$45 - 1 fl oz               

This primer blends so well and really diminishes your pores. Unfortunately, it left my face shiny, and when I used a powder to tone it down it made my the toner ball up. I will definitely be using this where my pores stick out the most, but I won't use this on my entire face again. I will happily use this sample, but I won't be purchasing the full size item.


Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Fresh and Elegant

$7.95 - 10 g             

These blushes are cuter than I expected. I was super disappointed by the size and colors, but was complete surprised when I tried them out. I was not into the glittery pink blush, but it blends so well and definitely could sport this color with a girly outfit. The bronzy. peach color of the second blush is perfect for my skin tone and could double as a bronzer for my pale skin.


Lord & Berry Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Silk

$19.35 - 4 g         

I am always happy to receive eyeliner in my Ipsy Glam bag, because I never buy it for myself. This eyeliner didn't glide on like I like it to, so I have to warm it up before I applied. It did look nice on, and it lasted the entire night. This is another sample that I'm happy to have, but will not be buying the full size item.


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara 

$22.00 - 12 ml         

I have a hard time finding a mascara that I really like, and this one is one of the better that I've sampled. I like out it makes my lashes look longer and separated, but I wish it made them look even bigger. I will definitely use this as a base with another mascara to get the look I want.


At first sight, this Ipsy Glam bag was one of my least favorites, but after checking out the samples I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. None of these samples are must haves for me, but they will definitely add something different to my makeup collection. This month is now middle of the barrel. 


I estimate this month's Ipsy Glam bag to be worth $24.55, which is definitely more than the $10 I spent. If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment