Sunday, September 21, 2014

Birchbox September 2014 Review - Fresh Paint

My September Birchbox arrived, and I can not wait to see what the theme of the month is. Also, last month's box wasn't that exciting for me, so I hope that Birchbox stepped it up for me for this month.


Usually, Birchbox's box is just plain brown, but this month it is super fun and colorful. I know that this is their anniversary month, and I hope that this month's products are that much more exciting. 


The theme for this month is Fresh Paint. With the season's changing and a new school year beginning, Fresh Paint is the perfect way to dive into new colors, products, and inspirations.  I'm excited to see what products in this box will help me mix up and change my beauty routine.  


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit

$24.50 - 3.3 fl oz + 2 muslin cloths        

Recently, Birchbox allows their members to chose one item from a list of new products to try each month. This is the third month that this option existed, and this is the first time that I actually chose one of them. I am super in love with this product. The face cleansing scrub and muslin cloth left my skin brighter and feeling fresh. Yet, it didn't leave my skin dry like most other cleansers. While I didn't opt to pick out one of my samples in the past because I'd rather be surprised, I'm glad I picked this product for my September box. I also like how it goes with the theme!


Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Long-Wear Lip Lacquer in Coral

$24.00 - .20 fl oz              

This lip lacquer is great and the color is perfect for my skin tone. I did have to put a moisturizer on before applying this glossy lip color, but I have super dry lips. I didn't have to reapply this color that much, though, because it acted like a lip stain. I will definitely be wearing this until it is gone. It is the perfect color for fall.


Dear Clark, Resurrecting Wash and Rinse

$24.00 each - 8.5 oz           

This shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling super clean, and while it wasn't anything too special, I did love how it made my hair feel soft and light. This shampoo and conditioner smelled like patchouli, which isn't my favorite smell, but I can deal with it. The samples were hard to use because the bottles are made from a hard plastic, and I won't be buying the full size because it costs too much for something that's not that special. 


Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

$79.00 - 30 ml       

I'm not too thrilled about this sample. It is super small and I don't really see myself needing this product. It claims to remove dark spots and even skin tone, but this product wouldn't be enough to cover my entire face twice so I wouldn't really be able to notice any improvements. I'm saving this for the only part of my face that really has dark spots, which is under my eyes. I haven't noticed a difference yet, but I hope that I'll eventually be able to see a difference. 


I am completely in love with half of this box! I wish it could be a complete win, but there is always next month. I can definitely mix these products into my new fall routine. I estimate this box to be worth $30.98 which is way more than the $10 I spent. Birchbox has always been worth the value. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month you can receive a both full of samples and full size beauty items curated just for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment