Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Birchbox December 2014 Review - Decked Out

My December Birchbox has arrived at my door, and I am extra excited for this month's box, because I am sure that it is extra special and festive. Birchbox is a monthly beauty sample subscription that is delivered to your door each month personally curated to you for only $10 a box. 


This month's box is super cute. I love how festive it is, even with it being blue. This month's theme is Decked Out. This month is all about celebrating with our loved ones by exchanging gifts and ringing in the New Year. Birchbox's samples are an early gift to get this season started off right. I can't wait to see all the new ways to get myself sparkling for these holidays. 


TOCCA Crema de Mano - Hand Cream in Cleopatra

$10.00 - 2 oz             

This hand cream has a nice light scent of grapefruit and cucumber and absorbs really quickly so you can use your hands right away. I like the compact tube and it is a good sized sample. I do have to use it quite regularly, though, because it's not as thick as I'd like. It is reasonably priced though, so it could be a regular buy for me. 


 Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black

$18.00 - 0.04 oz        

I've had a Lord & Berry eye pencil in my Birchbox before, so I am already a fan of the brand. The eyeliner goes on really smoothly, and doesn't smudge throughout the day. I like how the glitter wears evenly, but it isn't something I would wear on a regular basis. I'm glad that I got this sample right before New Year's, because that is probably the only time I would wear glitter. I am happy with this sample size, because I won't be using this too regularly.


amika: Nourishing Mask

$28.00 - 250 ml          

I normally have greasy hair, so deep conditioners aren't really necessary for me. Regardless, my hair has been a little staticy because of the dry, winter weather so I gave it a try. I have to say, the mask didn't over moisturize to the point that it weighed down my hair, and I loved the berry scent that stayed with me all day. The sample is a little small, but I will use this until it is gone. Plus, it is paraben-free!


RUSK Texture Spray

$18.00 - 8 oz         

Again, I'm not much of a hairspray user, but I do use it once in a while when I curl my hair. The hold was alright, but at least it wasn't sticky or crusty. I do like the coconut smell. They do suggest to use this as a body spray, which I could definitely work with. Just spraying my roots, I felt like I had volume all night and loved my party hair look. 


Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in New York

$29.00 - 7 g           

This lip stain goes on nice and creamy and dries to nice matte classic red. It does mostly last, but it did come off on my drinking glass. I wasn't too sure about this product when I first saw it, but it really is a nice lip stain. This color works well with my skin tone and I look super sophisticated. I will be wearing this for New Year's!


This month's box had a little cheaper samples than Birchbox normally delivers. Also, it had a few samples that I would normally not use. That being said, I am pretty happy with this month's box, and these samples fit perfectly with the theme. I will be using them all for the holidays and throughout these winter months. I estimated this month's box to be worth about $32.16 with the added $10 Gap cash coupon. I probably won't use it, but it is a nice addition! Perfect for buying someone a small gift or stocking stuffer. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself just click here! I love receiving samples in the mail each week curated for me. Plus, it could be the a great gift for any of your loved ones. My sister is receiving a subscription from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment