Sunday, November 16, 2014

Birchbox November 2014 Review - Giving

My November Birchbox has arrived! Birchbox is my favorite subscription box, and I always look forward to it all month. This month Birchbox teamed up with [red] which goes with the month of November and remembering to give to others. Each post of this month's box on social media, Birchbox will donate $1 towards the fight against aids. 


The inside box is it's normal brown color. I have so many of these saved up, and I am looking for a fun project where they can be reused. 


The theme for the month of November is Giving. I love that Birchbox's theme always goes well with the month and how the products tend to fit in perfectly. Instead, this month is focusing more on the power of Birchbox and showing how small efforts can make a big difference. I will definitely be posting a picture of mine to give to the greater good. 


Jouer Matte Moisture Tint

$38.00 - 1.7 oz      

Wow! This moisture tint rocks. It completely enhanced my skin tone and left a nice matte, even look. I wouldn't use this as my primary moisturizer, but I would use it as my final foundation. It says to layer for additional coverage, but I could go without. This is an item that I would definitely purchase.


Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion

$15.00 - 8 oz           

This brand has been given to me in a previous Birchbox, and I have to say it is a like over a love. I really like the smell, and the lotion works well, but I would prefer a thicker cream for my dry skin. Especially during these dry, cold months. I won't be purchasing this full size item, but I will use up this large sample.


Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara

$25.00 - 0.35 oz      

Mascara is my go to makeup product, and it is hard to get me to love a new formula. That being said, I love this Laura Mercier mascara. It made my lashes full, long, and feathered. This is the perfect mascara for everyday wear! I would end up layering it for a night out, but this will be used during every workday. It is a little pricier for mascara, but I could definitely see myself splurging on this item. 


Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask

$58.00 - Six 0.33 oz tubes                  

This item was my Birchbox pick of the month. I will only pick one of the selected items if something really appeals to me, and this item definitely does. I love the refreshing smell, and the mask has a nice exfoliating feel before it hardens into it's mask form. After washing off this mask did leave my face tighter and more toned. I will be using this once a week until it is gone!


TONI&GUY Classic Shine Gloss Serum

$15.00 - 1 oz

I have super staticy hair during these dry, cold months, and this serum definitely helped keep my hair manageable. I also liked how it helped my hair look glossy and shine. The smell was nice, but not my favorite. I'm not one to use hair products, because they normally weigh my hair down, but this one did the trick. 


Chuao Chocolatier Honeycomb ChocoPod

$9.95 - Eight 0.39 oz bars              

As a new addition to Birchbox, they are including items that are completely and only an Bonus. These items will not count as one of the samples so there is no reason to hate it. That being said, I am not a fan of chocolate or honey. I do enjoy that they went with food for this food heavy month, but I could have done without. I will let my partner enjoy this snack. 


This month was an overall win for me. Even the products that I didn't love were good additions to my beauty routine. I estimate this box to be worth $46.53, which is so much more than the $10 I spent. Birchbox continues to be such a good value and a great way to try new products. That is why Birchbox is easily my favorite subscription box. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It would make a great gift for the holidays for your closest girlfriends, you sister, or yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment