Thursday, February 27, 2014

Try the World Review - Paris Box

My Try the World Paris box arrived, and even though I saw exactly what is included in the box from the website, I cannot wait to have a Parisian breakfast while watching a French film on a lazy Sunday. Try the World is a subscription box that sends out food and culture from a different city every two months for $45 per box.

The box itself is very sturdy and cute. I will definitely be able to reuse this for something else once I use up all the items. 


My first impression after opening the box was alright. I was happy to see all the food items, but I was hoping more from the recommendations for culture and restaurants in France, and I was hoping the playlist would contain a CD of music, rather than just a list of songs I can find at their website. Possibly something to use after the food is gone. 


In each box, you receive a postcard, which is already stamped, a list of movies, restaurants to check out while you are there, a list of music, a list of places to visit while you are traveling, and cards describing each food item. An extra item was a card with a printed poem.


First out of the box were a set of hot chocolate powder packets by Les Confitures a L'ancienne. This hot chocolate won NASFT Outstanding Beverage Award in 2002, so I am sure it will be delicious. This drink contains undertones of fruitiness and vanilla bourbon. I can't wait to use them up, and this cold winter is perfect for the occasion. 


Secondly, the box contains two Chabert & Fuillot nougats. This company was founded in 1848 and the taste has definitely been refined through time. These are perfect for a snack to take with you on a trip, or to eat while taking a break at work.

The Clement Faugier chestnut spread is a more artisan Nutella, and definitely more delicious. The spread works perfectly on yogurt, toast, croissant, or brioche. I will be savoring this for a long time. 


Unfortunately, I received two of the same jams instead of one of each. On the plus side, I don't care much for blueberry flavors, but I'm sure it would have been delicious. These Alain Milliat jams were created from the finest fresh fruit.

This Le Saunier De Camargue Fleur de Sel (Flower of Salt) is a canister full of the most artisanal unrefined finishing salt. I plan on savoring this highly prized salt by sprinkling it on lightly flavored vegetables, meat, or chocolate. I am sure this container will last me a long time. 


This five pack of teas by Palais Des Thes are again both refined and artisan. With five different flavors, this pack gives enough examples to find your new favorite tea. I will definitely enjoy these teas with some toast covered in either the jams or the chestnut spread. 



Last but not least, this cute container full of salted caramels by Madame Goudig are by far my favorite. Each of these caramels are easy to savor because of their meltable creaminess and salty yet sweet flavors. Plus the container can be reused as a memory from your Paris box.


Overall, I am happy with my Try the World Paris box. It is a little pricy for quantity of items, but the quality is definitely there. Plus, each box allows you to take a mini vacation without the price of a plane ticket and hotel. The fact that they are delivered every other month definitely helps out with the splurge of $45 per box. I cannot wait for my Tokyo box to arrive in two months. 

If you want to try a Try the World subscription of your own, just use this link www.trytheworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment