Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ipsy September 2014 Review - Street Style

My  September Ipsy Glambag has arrived. I continue to receive Ipsy every month for $10 because I love the beauty samples, fully size beauty items, and the new makeup bag fitting the theme. It is also such a fun surprise to see what each month bag has in store for me.


The theme for the month of September is Street Style. this month is all about creating that urban look perfect for a night out in the city. I am not entirely thrilled about this theme, but I do live downtown and I'm always looking for ways to spruce up my look.


This month's makeup bag definitely fits the theme. It has a shiny metallic color with a border of studs. It could seriously be doubled as a clutch if you forgot a bag to go out in while visiting a city, but I will probably just use it for my makeup. This isn't really my style, but it is growing on me. 


Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

$26.00 - 5.25 oz       

My hair is normally on the greasy side, so I try to use a light conditioner. On that not note, this item isn't really for me. I don't really care for the smell either. It smells like a spicy flower. I will probably save this for the next time I dye my hair, and the sample is big enough  to get a few uses. 


NYC Hot Singles Eye Shadow in Innocent & Crown Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush

$4.50 - 1.5 g

At first glance, I really liked this color, but after applying, it is a little dark for everyday wear. Besides that, the color really stood out without having to apply a ton of layers. The single case is also very cute, and I can throw this in anywhere to give myself touchups during the day. I will use this as a base for nights out when I will be wearing darker makeup. 

$17.50


I am in love with this makeup brush. I love that Ipsy includes tools along with the products in some of the Glambags. This is a duel ended brush, so it can be the only brush you need when applying eye makeup. I like the round thicker end when applying a base, and the sharp edged end is perfect for hitting the crease. I'm impressed with this Crown brush and will be looking into purchasing some more. 



Pacifica Natural Waterproof Eye Pencil in Fringe

$11.00 - 0.1 oz             

I have about ten eyeliners and all of them are black, so I was excited to see a new color, and one that works well with my skin tone. This eyeliner goes on so smoothly and the brown color blends in perfectly, even with black mascara. I wore this to a casual wedding, and I felt dressy without going over the top. It is a great eyeliner for any snappy casual event. 


Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet

$13.00 - 3.8 g

This dark red lip color is definitely darker than what I'm used to, but it fits perfectly with the theme, and I'm always willing to try out new makeup colors. Lip colors when not mixed with a moisturizer normally dry out my lips, but this product made my lips feel silky smooth. I will still probably use a moisturizer before or after applying this, but I could really go without. Overall, I am mostly impressed with this product and will be throwing in my clutch for the next evening out on the town. 


This month of September's Ipsy Glambag had some hits and misses, but it was an overall success. I've found a few new products that I can no longer live without, and some others that will help me enhance my street style. The products usually fit in with each month's theme, which is another reason I'm a huge fan of Ipsy. I estimate this bags products to be worth an estimated $43.04, which is much more that the cost. I can't wait to see what next month has in store. 


If you would like to try out Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month you can test out new makeup products that just could become some of your staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment