Friday, April 25, 2014

Birchbox April 2014 Review - Rainy Days

My April Birchbox is here, and like always, I can't wait to see what they have picked out for me inside. It always comes in a cute outer packaging with the regular box inside. This way the box stays nice and undamaged. 


Like I thought, the box inside is the regular brown box. I've collected quite a few of these, and I've got a craft project in mind for them.


The theme for this month is Rainy Days. It contains all things to keep you busy during those gloomy, rainy days. These samples are perfect for treating yourself and playing with new makeup looks with all the time from the cancelled outdoor plans.  


The box once again is quite full. I love seeing this, especially because the Birchbox samples can be kind of small. Recently, they have been the opposite. Yea!


Sumita Color Intense Pencil

$11.00 - .06 oz     

This eyeliner pencil goes on smooth, and really lasts forever. Besides that, I don't really care for the pencil. I much prefer eyeliners that twist up instead of pencils that I have to sharpen down. I will definitely be using up this sample, though.



$15.00 - 8 oz     

This body wash smells so great and left my skin feeling so soft and smooth. Plus, I love how this item goes along with the luxurious theme. This is the perfect item to use while you are pampering yourself during these long and rainy weekends. 


Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care Shampoo

$25.00 - 8 oz     

I love the smell of this shampoo. It stayed with my hair all day, and I got whiffs of the smell every time I moved. The shampoo itself didn't make my hair feel or look any differently, so I won't be purchasing, but I will be using this sample whenever I want to treat myself. 


KIND Healthy Grain Bars

$11.88 - 15-pack      

I really don't enjoy food in my Birchbox (I want more beauty samples!), but this KIND bar was yummy, and it gave me a surplus of energy. I also like all the natural ingredients. I may be picking up a box at the store for a great snack to throw in the purse. 


Harvey Prince Hello

$55.00 - 50 ml   

I loved, loved, loved this perfume. It is my new favorite scent! It has a nice soft citrusy scent  with touches of floral. Every time I smell it, I think of spring. But instead of using this on a rainy day, I will be using it for a Sunday stroll, a weekend bike ride, or brunch with my girls. 


Along with all of the rainy day items, each Birchbox comes with a Bright Idea For a Rainy Day. I received #33, "Dust off your board game collection. If you're handing solo, there's always solitaire. If you want to see the full list of 52 ideas, just click here


This month's Birchbox was great, but it wasn't my favorite. I did love the theme and the some of the samples were my absolute favorite, but it contained a lot of shower products, which aren't as fun to sample. 


I estimate this box to be worth $14.52, which is more than the $10 it cost. If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment