Friday, April 25, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 Review - Beauty Rocks

My Ipsy makeup subscription bag is here! Whenever I see this pink pack in my mailbox, I can't wait to open it up and see the theme of the month and what goodies lie inside. 


The theme for this month is Beauty Rocks! I love this makeup bag. How cute is the record player. I am always happy to receive a bag that isn't super girly. Also, I am sure that this bag will be loaded with makeup perfect for music festivals and rock concerts.  


This makeup bag is packed full, and I like what I see! These dark and dramatic colors are just what I expected.



Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Acid Pink

$19.00

This is my favorite item in the bag. The nifty packaging holds the cutest tinted lip balm and the brush to put it on. I love the intense yet sweet color, plus it keeps my lips nicely moisturized. It also stays forever, unlike most tinted moisturizing lip color. I will definitely be buying this in every color they offer.


Kiss Looks So Natural Lash in Pretty

$3.99

I've never used fake eyelashes before, so I am excited to try these out. I am going to be waiting for a special occasion before. I have so many weddings this summer, so I will definitely be using them then. I like that these go along with the theme, because big lashes are the perfect accessory for a big concert.


Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet

$20.00 - Full Size             

This eyeliner goes on so smooth, and makes such a dramatic effect. Plus, it lasted for an entire workday. I will be wearing this to go see Lady GaGa this summer and out dancing with my girls. Plus, this sample size will last forever. 


City Color White Gold & Highlight Mousse

$3.99

I thought this item was a little cheap, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. This little pack appeared to be holding a powder shimmer, but instead it is a mousse, which not only stays longer, but looks better. I'm not a big fan of the white, but because of the theme, I am all about it, and I will definitely be wearing a white eye along with my new black eyeliner to a rock event this summer.



$30.00 - Full Size                  

This is my least favorite item in this month's makeup bag. I'm not in love with the color, and it doesn't blend well on your cheeks or show up on your lips. Plus, it dried out my lips, which I can not stand. I like the bold look idea, but this was a total miss. 


Overall, I loved this Ipsy makeup bag and mostly all of its contents. The theme was super fun, and it is perfect timing for all of the music festivals and concerts I have planned to attend. Plus, I think Ipsy has found more high quality items than usual, and I always enjoy getting full size items. 


This makeup bag's contents are estimated at $47.69, and that doesn't even include the bag itself. That is way more than the $10 it costs. If you want to try Ipsy for yourself just click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment