Monday, February 16, 2015

Birchbox February 2015 Review - Rent the Runway

My February Birchbox has arrived, and I was shocked to see it at my doorstep, because I had yet to receive shipping information. I know that Birchbox likes to get them out before Valentine's Day in February, but this is early! I already know what I am going to get, because I picked the curated box of the month from the creators of Rent the Runway. I normally like the surprise, but I was loving almost all the items that they picked out, so I decided to give this month a try.


This box is super cute. I love the vintage flowers on the side. I may have to reuse this one and place it on one of my shelves. It would be great storage for jewelry, notes, or even samples I've received from Birchbox! This box is already perfect for Valentine's Day.


I am really excited to try out these items. I am not so sure about the eyeliner or the lip gloss, but the dry shampoo, body wash, and face scrub were all selling points for me. I also like how this box is Valentine's Day themed. Birchbox doesn't always do a great job picking samples for their theme or the big holiday of the month.


Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo

$10.00 - 1.7 fl oz

This was the one item that I was most excited about, and the main reason I picked the Rent the Runway curated box. I've been wanting to sample some dry shampoos, because the two full size products I've purchased leave a white residue, and leave my hair looking dirtier than before. This item didn't leave the white residue, but I didn't make my hair feel that fresh. Maybe my hair just doesn't work well with dry shampoo, because it is so fine, but this is the best out of the three I've tried. I will definitely use this one until I find something better. It smells great, and at least made my ponytail look less dirty.


theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss in Bam!

$15.00 - 0.3 oz            

This is a really sweet color for the month of love. I'm not usually a fan of lip glosses because they leave my lips dry, but this kept them subtle without stickiness. This is my second item from this brand, and I've loved both. I also saw the entire line at Kohl's this weekend. Very accessible! This was one of the items I wasn't too excited about, and it ended up being one of my favorites. Plus, it goes so well with Valentine's Day. I will definitely be wearing this on the special day.


Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Raina

$11.00 - 0.06 oz        

This is another item that I wasn't too sure of, because I never wear a color eyeliner that strays from black or brown. That being said, I love this color on me. I have blue eyes, and it makes them pop. I can wear all my favorite coral colors on my face with this blue eyeliner, because they mesh so well. This eyeliner goes on smooth, and lasts forever. So much that I had a hard time getting it off at night. Great brand and great product.


derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub

$12.75 - 4 oz            

I am in love with face scrubs, and this promises to reduce wrinkles. I have noticed some wrinkles forming on my face, and I would love to get those to disappear. This face scrub smell great, and I love the big scrubbing beads. Right after using this, my face feels fresh and looks more vibrant. Also, a little goes a long ways with this product, and this is a larger sample, so I hope to be using this for a while. When I'm out, I will definitely be purchasing the full size. It's a great price!


Not Soap, Radio Bubbles for Bath or Shower in The Stuff That Cupid Dips His Arrows In

$15.00 - Five 1.25 fl oz bottles       

I love themes, and this body wash / bath bubbles is perfect for Valentine's Day. It is loaded with Ginseng, which kicks up production of pheromones. That means that your body will produce more of your scent that promotes physical attraction. I wasn't impressed with the amount of bubbles, and when I used it as body wash, i had to use a little more product than I'm used to. Otherwise, I love the smell, and I love the brand. I want to try all of their scents!


Overall, I am super happy with this box,. It was nice to receive all items that I will use. I will definitely go with the guest curated box again if all the items are something that I will like. I did miss getting surprise samples, and have been looking at other blogs to see what I missed out on. But, I'd rather get items that I love than surprises I hate, right! I estimate this box to be worth $25.19. That is $15 more than I spent. The dry shampoo alone is worth $10!


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month you can get five or more beauty samples selected by your beauty profile delivered straight to your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment