Friday, February 27, 2015

Ipsy Glambag February 2015 Review - #ipsyLOVE

My Ipsy Glambag for February has arrived and right in time for Valentine's Day! I like how a lot of subscription boxes will get out there box early in February so it arrives before the holiday. That is great, too, because they are usually themed with love or are packed with things to use on the holiday. 


This month's theme is #ipsyLOVE. I thnk the hashtag is a little dumb, and I am really sick of models all over the card, but at least the theme is Valentine's day related. Just what I wanted. I hope there are some items in here that I can use on the big day.



The bag isn't as jam packed as normal, but these items look really fun. There seems to be a variety of items. I hope that I find some items that I love. No pun intented. 



eva.nyc Up All Night Volumizing Spray

$24.00 - 8 oz     

I don't usually blow dry my hair, so I used this as an after work refresh before going out on the town. This did freshen up my hair and gave it more volume. I also love the way it smells. This is a great product, except it left my hair a little crunchy. I guess I'll take that over flat hair any day!


GLAMGLOW Brightmud Eye Treatment

$69.00 - 12 g    

At first impression, I though this was another cheap brand, but after looking at their website and the price, I quickly realized the opposite. I am all about face masks and eye creams, and this is the perfect blend of the two. The gel/mud scrub rests under your eyes like a mask. After one use, I could already see some improvement with my dark circles. I used only one pod for both eyes so my sample will last longer, and it was plenty. I probably won't be buying this, because it's a little on the expensive side.


rob. Scheppy for tini beauty Powder Shadow in Pearl Fizz

$12.00 - 1.6 g 

This is my least favorite product from this month's box. I tend to get a lot of little eye shadows from Ipsy, and they all tend to be whites and beige. I would like to try some new colors. Also, this white goes on thick. It almost reminds me of my middle school days. It looks like this company is going out of business, because there website is down. I don't really care, because I wouldn't be purchasing products from them anyways. I guess I could use it as a base or for highlighting. I really don't want to just throw it away. 


City Color Cosmetics Lip Balm in Berry 

$3.99 - 2.1 g

I have been wearing some pretty fun colors lately, so this will definitely get used. It is a full size item, but it's a cheap brand, so I'm not sure if this is a win or a lose. Overall, I like the product. The lipstick is moisturizing and stays for a long time. My only complaint is the color on is a lot different than the color in the tube. I'm alright with getting cheap brands if the product is great. I'm interested in seeing what else this brand has to offer.


ModelCo Blush Cheek Powder in Peach Bellini 

$22.00 - 8 g         

I am already a huge fan of ModelCo, and this blush didn't let me down. I like the classic pink, and it goes really well with my light skin. I've been looking for a new blush, and I think this is the winner. It isn't full size, but it's almost half the size of the full, so it is a pretty nice sample. Plus, this size will last me forever.

    
La Fresh Group Eco-Beauty Good Day. Day Moisturizer

$40.00 - 1.7 oz   

This was an item that I received using my points. It was in last month's box, and I was a little disappointment not to see it in mine, but at least I can sample it now. I am really liking this face lotion. It moisturizes well and dries completely, which is great for wearing makeup over. I like all the natural ingredients too. A lot of people complained about the smell, but I kinda like it. This is a pretty nice sized sample, and it will last a while with me. I might even after to purchase the full size.


This is a really great bag. I love the Valentine's day theme and all the products but one. I also finally got to spend some of my points on something I really like. Plus, there is one full size item and two deluxe size items that I won't ever run out of. Ipsy does a really great job of delivering full size goods, even if the brand is cheap. I estimate this bag to be worth $40.39 without the lotion and $52.15 with. That is a great deal for the $10 it costs. That doesn't even include the price for the makeup bag. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. You will get past the waiting list using this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment