Monday, May 18, 2015

Ipsy May 2015 Review - Jetsetter

My Ipsy bag has arrived for the month of May, and while I did some snooping this month to see what is inside, I am excited to check out these products. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription bag that delivers five full size and sample size beauty products in a themed makeup bag every month. There have been beauty products that I have loved in the past and continue to buy, so I hope that Ipsy has more of those items in store for me this month. 


This month's theme is Jetsetter. I like the idea of having products that are perfect for vacation wear, or are compact enough to bring them on your carry on. I unfortunately am not going to be jetsetting this month, but I have some plans for this summer, so I'll be holding onto these items until it is I'm packing up for vacation, if I can wait that long. The makeup bag is pretty cute, too. I noticed there are a few variations this month, and I am happy with the one I received. I think the makeup bag goes well with the theme, and the inside is lined with a neon green plastic lining, so it is easy to clean. 


Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches

$21.00 - 7 packets                

I was so excited to see this product in my Glambag. I love using masks, peels, and calming gels. These are a cheaper way to revamp you skin without going to the spa. Plus, these products are always a fast way to make great improvements to your skin. So, if you are going to a tropical place and want to help relax, these are a great travel companion. Or, you need to depuff after the stresses of traveling, these are a quick way to relax once home and get you back on your feet. I used these at home after a rough weekend, and they really helped me relax. They went on cool, which felt great on this hot day, and left my eyes relaxed while getting rid of my dark under eyes. I did see them come back during the day, but at least it worked at first. I wish I received more samples of this, so I am going to save the second packed until I really need to unwind. 


Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer in Summertime

$18.00 - 0.36 oz w/ Kabuki brush                 

Ever since receiving a bronzer in one of my Ipsy Glambags in the past, I have been a big fan of bronzer. It is a more natural way of bringing out my cheek bones without looking like I packed on makeup. I also like how bronzer gives me a naturally sun kissed look, even if I haven't seen the sun in months. I like the Pixi brand, even if it is a cheaper product. I do like to receive cheaper brands along with the high end brand, because these are the ones that I usually repurchase. This bronzer looks so natural on my skin, and you can either use a little to keep it more natural, or pack it on for night wear. I also like the light simmer. I am not usually into any sort of glitter, but this helps the summer light bring out my cheekbones. Plus, this is a deluxe sample and will last forever. And, it goes well with the theme of summer travel. 



Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone

$20 - 1.2 g              

Earlier this month, I saw a spoiler of three products which each Ipsy subscriber would receive one. Out of the three, this is the product that I was hoping I wouldn't receive. I am not one to wear lip liner, and this clear lip liner just doesn't make since to me. From others reviews, I get the sense that this product helps bring out the color of your lipstick while sealing it in. I honestly will never use this product, and will pass it along to a friend. Too bad I didn't receive one of the other two items, because I could really see myself liking them. 


Urban Decay REVOLUTION High-Color Lipgloss in Failbait and Bittersweet

$22.00 - 5.1 ml            


These two lipgloss samples where a bonus along with the lip liner. While they are small and in pill packs, I will definitely use them. I am not one to wear lipgloss that often, because I don't care for the sheen or stickiness. Also, they tend to dry out my lips. This lipgloss did leave a little sheen, but these weren't sticky and they actually moisturized more than they dried out my lips. The sheen was so light, I actually liked it! I am in love with the bubblegum color. I have light skin and hair with pink undertones, so this color works well with me. I wasn't too thrilled about the purple, but it didn't go on as dark as the product shows, and I could actually see myself wearing this to the club when I want to go with a darker, goth look. I probably won't ever buy these, but I am going to use up my samples. Once opened, though, these can't move from my bathroom counter, so I'll have to use them up quickly. 



Bellapierre Waterproof Gel Eye Liner in Ebony

$14.99 - 1.8 g 

I receive at least six eye liners every year in my subscription boxes, and I don't really use them that often, so I wasn't too excited to see this in my Ipsy bag. I did like this eyeliner. The liquid makes it go on really smoothly, and I like how it has a nice pointed tip that will never go down. This eyeliner lasted all night for me, and was actually hard to remove at night. I prefer that to it falling off during the night. This is a full size product, which I am always happy to receive. Also, this would be a great product to throw in your travel bag while jetsetting, because it is still small, and you always plan for a night out when you are away from home. It transforms your face with a single swipe, and sometimes you don't have spend hours doing makeup while traveling. 



Bare Republic Mineral Face SPF 30 

$14.99 - 1.7 oz              

Coola is a brand that I have used and loved, so their new line, Bare Republic, has to be just as great. I have plenty of sunscreen for my face, but they aren't waterproof, so I can only use them during the week. This is going to be my go to when I need to pack something for the lake or a day at the beach. I am planning on spending a lot of time in the water this summer, and finally I have a great sunscreen to protect me. This is a smaller sample, but I will only use it on my face, so this will last a while. It smells a lot like sunscreen, but I won't be wearing this everyday, so it doesn't really bother me. This item is perfect for a jetsetter, and you'll be able to purchase this anywhere there is a Target. I am picking more up the next time I make a trip there. 



I am pretty happy with this month's bag. There are three items I love, two I will definitely use, and one I am willing to live without. The theme was used well throughout each product except the lip gloss, but that was a bonus item. I estimate this month's bag to be worth $44, which doesn't include the makeup bag. I only spend $10 on all these products, so that is a big difference. Plus, I will be able to use some of these items for a long time. I can't wait to see what Ipsy has in store for me in the month's to come. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you can discover new beauty products in a cute makeup bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment