Friday, September 18, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag September 2015 Review - Face Fashion

My Ipsy bag is here for the month of September and I am excited for these Fall products. I love fall month and the items that come with. Hopefully this month will offer a great set of products for fall, and items I can wear all season long. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box with five full size and sample size items in a cute makeup bag for $10 each month. The value is usually always great, and there are so many products that I can now not live without. 


This month's theme is Face Fashion. I am guessing this is for fashion week, which is this month. I am definitely excited for fashion week, but not so excited about this theme or bag. The makeup bag is definitely not fashionable, and looks like something my mother would wear. The texture is nice, I guess, and the gold is in season, but you wouldn't see this fabric at any of the fashion shows. I bet the older generation will like this bag more than the younger. The theme is also OK. I like that it goes with this month, but Ipsy includes items for your nails and body also, so this doesn't make much sense. 


This makeup bag seems fully packed. I do notice some beauty tools along with other full size items. I also notice some fall shades, so these products will be a great addition to my fall rotation of makeup products. I can't wait to check each one of these out individually.  


NYX Cosmetics Ipsy Eye Shadow Trio

$6.00 - 1 g 

I've received a NYX eyeshadow trio in a previous Ipsy Glambag, and I still use it to this day. This palette was created solely for Ipsy, but it is very similar to their Love in Rio trio in Voodoo Love Spells, except those are all matte and the darkest shade is the only matte color in this palette. NYX is a nice, cheap brand and really pigmented with lasting power. I like these colors, but won't use them as often as others, because they are a little too dark for everyday wear. I will definitely be packing this in my bag for weekends with nights out or for a wedding. Plus, these are so cheap, I may purchase a few more pallets. 



$26.00 - 50 ml         

This is another brand that I've received before from Ipsy, and it didn't go to much use. This, on the other hand, is right up my alley. I love face masks, and because they tend to be a little pricey, they are one of my top favorite items to receive in my subscription boxes. Once using this, I realized it is more like a face lotion than a face mask. It is a heavy cream that you apply in a heavy amount, then pat off any access with a cotton ball. I think this would be a great night cream when the dry winter weather sets in. This is a tiny sample, though, so it won't last me that long. This is actually the only sample sized item I received in this box, which is pretty awesome, but defiantly a bummer since it is my favorite item.  



$5.00

I do love receiving tools in my bags. The last two brushes I've received I've used almost every single day. I did end up purchasing a really nice and pretty expensive eyelash curler not too long ago, so this particular beauty item probably won't be used by me. I do like the gel plating, and it has a nice strong curl. I wish I didn't spend all that money on my tweezerman, because this works pretty well at a much cheaper price. I will probably hand this off to a friend or my sister depending on who needs one. Too bad I won't use it on my own. 


$2.49 - 0.05 oz

This always seemed like a cheaper brand to me, and this price kinda proves it. I feel like I receive an eyeliner every single month from Ipsy, so they are getting a little boring. I do like this lighter brown color, and is less harsh on my light skin. I've been experiencing with different color liners, and this one is totally new for me. I like brown, and I really like this. It shapes and adds drama to my eyes without making them too dark. This is defiantly a cheap product, though. The tip fell off when trying to apply it to my eyelids. Also, it tugs on my eyes instead of leaving a smooth line. I really like this color, but the brand is definitely cheap. This is a full size item, which is really nice to receive. 


$15.00 - 17 ml

I don't normally care to receive nail polishes in my subscription boxes because I rarely wear any, and the colors aren't something I'd pick out. This color is super cute and works well with my wardrobe.The medium lavender is both girly, yet modern. I am going to try this under my matte topcoat to make it a little edgier. I also like the formula. It doesn't chip too easily and lasts longer than many of my other colors. This is also a full size item! It wouldn't matter either way, because I've never gone through an entire bottle of nail polish, but it is nice to have a full size item. I think this would be a better color for spring, but this will help make summer last a little longer. 


Overall, I am both happy and disappointed with this month's bag. I really like that four of the five items are full size, and the nail polish and moisture mask are the perfect items for me. I do like the eyeshadow and eyeliner, but they aren't my favorites. On the other hand, I will not use the eyelash curlers, and the bag is only worth $31.09. That is not a lot for Ipsy. Usually they are worth more than $50, but because I only paid $10, I guess I can't complain. The theme and bag aren't really my style either. I bet next month will be better. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. They always include a wide range of products and are worth well more than you paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment