Friday, September 11, 2015

Birchbox September 2015 Review - Better Together

My Birchbox is here for the month of September, and I can't wait to see what this month has in store for me. I love fall month's, so these products always seem to be more exciting to me. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box with five beauty samples curated to your beauty profile. It is only $10 a month, and I normally happy with every product, so this is a great way to start a beauty collection, or to find new favorites. 


I really like this month's box design. It was inspired by three different designs by Birchbox subscribers. It is pretty artsy, and full of color. It defiantly goes with my interior decoration, so I could put this anywhere in my house for display. I love these boxes and each month's design. They are so fun to decorate with, or to store all your new products. They are so good for organizing, too. 


This month's theme is Better Together. Like I said above, this is their 5 year birthday, and this month is all about Birchbox and their customers working together to make Birchbox and their customers better. Also, these products make us a little better / happier / prettier when we use them, so all in all the products and us are also better together. I really enjoy this month's theme, even if it doesn't go along with the month or fall. I hope the products inside and I are better together. 





$40.00 - 3.3 oz     

This luxe leave-in hair cream is full of keratin and promises to strengthen, smooth, restore, and protect your hair. I have become a fan of leave-in conditioners, even though I still use a hair conditioner in the shower. They tend to leave my hair really shine and helps detangle my knots. This has a really nice smell, like a powdery flower, and stays in your hair all day. I did think that this helped smooth my hair, but other than that, I didn't notice any real difference. I will defiantly be happy to use up this sample, but it didn't do enough for me and my hair to spend the money for the full size item. 



$100.00 - 50 ml          

I have enough perfume samples to last me a lifetime, but I don't care, as long as I like the scent. Plus, it gives me the option to switch up my scent as often as I'd like. I've received a L'Artisan perfume scent before, and I really enjoyed the light citrus musk. This particular scent is a little heavier. This one has notes of sparkling blackberry and wood. I like the deeper, darker scent for fall, but this isn't one of my favorites. It is nice to try though, and I would definitely wear this one once in a while. I could see it being perfect for a late fall bomb fire or a trip to a winery. Again, I won't be buying the full size bottle. 



$26.00 - 0.025 oz        

I have some serious under eye problems and pinkish skin under my nose, so this concealer stick is perfect for me. I've received this brand before in an Ipsy bag, and it wasn't the best product for me in particular, but I did like the quality and the packaging. This packaging is basically the same, and super cute. I do like this formula too. It isn't heavy, nor is it too light. This didn't do the best job covering my dark under eyes, but it did help. This did do a great job on my red spots, though. I will definitely use this all the time under my powder until it is gone. Also, this is a deluxe sample, so it will last forever. I am so happy with this item!



$32.00 - 6.8 oz               

I am already a big fan of the TOCCA brand from previous items Birchbox has sent me, and this body scrub is also the perfect item for me. I am a big fan of scrubs and how they make my skin feel replenished and smooth. These particular scrub salt scrubbers are on the bigger side and really do a great job. I also like how this smells. I am a fan of both green tea and lemon, and this leaves me feeling and smelling great. This is a good size sample, but it really won't last that long, because you have to use so much to cover your entire body. I like it enough to buy the full size item. Yum! Now a new favorite. 



$23.00 - 0.1 oz         

This is the item that I chose for this month, and I am super excited. I've been wanting an eyebrow pencil for a while to fill out my spotty eyebrows and help give color to my blonde hair. This color really works well with my skin tone and is just dark enough to make my eyebrows stand out. This also had pretty good lasting power and helped define my eyebrows. This is a tiny sample, but since you use so little each time, it will really last me a while. I actually almost purchased this item a few month's ago, so I had to choose it from this month's options. I really enjoy this eyebrow pencil and the shade is great. I would happily purchase this once the sample runs out. 


Overall, I am really happy with this month's box. I love the eyebrow pencil, the body scrub, and the concealer pencil is also a great addition to my makeup bag. The perfume and leave-in conditioner isn't my favorite, but they will definitely go to use. This month was all about items that make life and your beauty routine better together, and I really think Birchox nailed it. Also, there was a wide range of products this month from hair, face, scent, body, and makeup. I estimate this box to be worth $37.56. That is pretty good for Birchbox. The value is usually good, but not great, but the products are always high end and items that I will definitely use. Plus, you get $5 to spend in the shop after you review your samples, so this month's real value is more than $40. That is great for a $10 box. 


If you would like to try Birchbox out for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month you could be on your way to discovering new beauty items from many different categories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment