Wednesday, September 23, 2015

BoxyCharm September 2015 Review - Runway Ready

My BoxyCharm for September is here, and I am pretty excited to see what they have in store for me. This will only be my third box, and since I've already found some great new products, I can't wait to see what this month has in store for me. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box with at least 4 full size items, but usually they all tend to be, and it only costs $21 per box. They tend to have a value of over $100, which is a crazy good amount for the price. 


This month's theme is Runway Ready. It isn't your typical fall box theme, but since fashion week does fall during the month of September, this does make sense. I do like this theme and how the products could easily go along with it. I hope there are some items to perfect my skin and makeup to get me ready for a big event of my own. I also hope that these items are trendy, just like the clothes around this time of the year. I can't wait to see what products will come along with this theme.  





Previse Skincare HydroMilk Hydrating Lotion

$48.00 - 2 fl oz

I am so excited about this face lotion in this month's box. I have so many night lotions, but my day lotion supply is dwindling down. This is the perfect lightweight, but hydrating formula I've ever used. It smells great with scents of lavender and geranium, which is pretty important, because you literally put it on your nose. Not only does this lotion contain only natural ingredients, but it fights free radicals. I would never purchase this item for this price, but I am happy I received it in this box. Plus, this will last me forever. 


Scratch Nails Lacework Nail Wraps

$12.00

I have yet to use nail wraps, mainly because I don't like the busy prints and graphics. If I would ever wear anything on my nails, this would be it. The lace is really delicate and the gold blocks are so fashionable right now. I think that these are perfect for fall too, because the colors are muted, but you still have the lace of summer. I bet these would look great on top of a fall color too. I think I will wear them on my bare nails. It makes the lace look more realistic. I like this item in this month's box. I wouldn't go out and buy this myself, so it was nice for it to be included in this box. After these, I may be more comfortable with buying others. 


Vasanti Professional Foundation Brush

$32.00

We received a Vasanti brush in our box just two month's ago, and I really enjoyed it. They are high quality brushes, and it is always nice having a brush for a specific application. Therefore you get a more natural look, and you don't have to clean them as frequently. I used this with my foundation, and it did a really good job blending it into my face. The bristles are nicely packed, too. I am a fan of this brush, and have been of every brush they've sent. Next time I am crossing my fingers for a kabuki brush, though. The two I have are getting old. But, they might surprise me with a brush that I didn't think I needed until I tried it. They tend to do that more often than not. 


Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel

$18.00 - 0.17 fl oz

This month for subscription boxes has been all about eyebrows. I received a pencil in my Birchbox, and defining kit in my PopSugar, and now some gel in this BoxyCharm. My eyebrows are really blond, and not that noticeable, so these products really help. Also, I have two different eyebrow shapes, so this defining gel will definitely get used. I like that it is a medium hold without being crispy. I feel like if it were any stronger, my eyebrows would look wet and weird. I really like this hold, and it really kept the shape for a while. I think this will be an easy fix when I can't spend the time to color and shape. I really like this item!


tarte smolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Gunmetal

$22.00 - 0.056 oz

I saw this as one of the spoilers for this month, but I still didn't know the color or size. I was definitely hoping for the thiner lined eyeliner, because I prefer that look, but I am really happy with this color. It makes my blue eyes pop, and it is so much less harsh than a black liner. To be honest, I will probably use this as a eyeshadow more than a liner. The smudge tool works really well to blend the color out, and I can't get a smooth enough look with the large applicator. It does kinda suck that I didn't get the eyeliner I would use more, but at least I like the color. This is not my favorite item in the box, but it is still something I will use. 


Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil

$16.49 - 3 fl oz ($2.75 value)

This is described as a Bonus Item, and that makes me enjoy it more. My hair is pretty oily already, and pretty thin, so hair oil isn't a product that I would ever purchase on my own. I am definitely interested in the Kardashian line, though, and this oil does seem higher end. It doesn't really smell, but it does leave a dry effect, even though it is oil. I could see myself using this as a styling aid when I want a slicked back look. I'd swap it out or give it away, but it is already such a small amount, I don't think it would be worth it. 


Overall, I am middle of the road with this month's box. I was hoping for a lot more, since it is a fall box, but at least everything in this box will get used. I am a big fan of the face lotion and the eyebrow gel. That makes the box worth it alone. I will definitely use the foundation brush, nail wraps, eyeliner, and hair oil, though. This box is worth $134.75. That is a crazy amount, because I only spent $21 for this box. I may not love all these items or have spent that much on any of these, but there is more than enough value from the items I will use and would've bought. I hope next month has a lot more items that I love. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is only $21 a month with over $100 value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment