Monday, September 14, 2015

PopSugar Must Have September 2015 Review

My PopSugar Must Have box for the month of September is here, and I am more excited then ever. Fall is my favorite season, and I love all things that come with it. I have recently become a subscriber to PopSugar, even though I've been wanting their box forever, and this will be my first fall box. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box for $39.95 that delivers full size items in categories such as beauty, home, food, fitness, and more. 



This month's themes are Fashion Fix, Travel, Refresh, Beauty Recovery, To-Go Snacks, and XOXO. I am all about these, except the travel theme. It was already a theme this year, and I think everyone is done traveling now that summer is over. Me included. I hope that the fashion fix is a warm weather clothing item to help beat the chilly weather, and I could definitely use some items to refresh and body and skin after the summer sun and heat. I can't wait to see what items this month has in store for me. 









Hudson + Bleecker Labyrinth Onyx Travel Trio

$45.00

I wasn't too excited about this item at first, but the more I check it out, the more I can see myself finding these items useful. This is a trio travel with two totes for shoes, intimates  and or wet items, and a clear zipper pouch that will fit all your toiletries on your carry on. I am not planning on traveling that much in the next months, but I will hold onto these items for when I do. Travel has been a popular theme for the last few boxes, and I would rather have these items earlier in the summer. These are defiantly higher end, and while the pattern isn't my favorite, I do like it alright. I would never pay this much for these items, but these are worth the cost of the box, so at least the value is already there. 



$35.00

I am not a huge fan of delicate jewelry, but I will wear little studs in my ears. The XO isn't really my thing, but the mismatched set is pretty fun. I do like that these are made with recycled brass and have a gold plating. I do like a lot of the other items from the website, and wish a different style were part of this box. I will probably hold onto these and regift for a sister's birthday, or even christmas. This does go along with the Fashion Fix theme, but because I'm not a huge jewelry fan, I was hoping for something more like a shawl or watch. 



$39.00

Brows are so in, and I've been looking for different products to help shape and darken mine from their invisible brown. I am already a fan of the Too Faced brand, and this brow kit is really cute. I was a little overwhelmed by the different steps at first, but they really walk you through it, and it has become easier already. They also include stencils to create the best brow shape for your face. This item is perfect for me, and I will definitely get a lot of use from it. This is also the perfect Beauty Recovery item to help shape and fill my eyebrows. I also think this is a great back to school item for a more simplified, toned down makeup look.






$20.00 - 5.1 oz

This is a brand that I've grown to love. Their products are all natural, and great quality. This product fits those characteristics perfectly, too. The product is very light, and smells great. I like how it helped me comb out my wet hair, and it dried full of moisture and super soft. It didn't seem to weigh down my hair either. I currently am using a leave-in conditioner that I love, but it is pretty expensive and won't be purchasing it again, so this is perfect timing. This is a great Beauty Recovery item too, and a great item for fall. My hair tends to dry out during colder month's, and this will help keep it hydrated and smooth. I believe it goes along with the Refresh theme pretty well too. 



$18.00 - 0.5 fl oz

This is yet another Beauty Recovery and Refresh item for this fall box. This is a nice brand, not too high end, though. I could definitely use a cuticle oil at this moment, and this one is nice. I like the smell, and it leaves my nails shiny and smooth. I haven't seen any major improvements with my cuticles, but I'm sure it will work. This bottle is really cute, and I will definitely leave this out with my other cute products. That will help remind me to actually use it. 



Nourish Snacks Almonds to Cherries

$2.00 - 1.4 oz

I am usually not too excited about the food item, but these are something I will really enjoy. I love almonds for their energy and taste, and these tart cherries are also a little sweet. It is nice to get a food that is actually healthy for you, and these are particularly good. They contain no GMOs and are also gluten free for all those watching their carbs. This is the perfect snack to take with you for road trips or to keep in your desk for late afternoon cravings. Plus, the protein will keep you awake until you go home. 



September is one of my favorite month's, so I had high hopes for this box. Besides the brow shaping kit, there isn't one particular item that I love or feel like I couldn't live without. But, besides the earnings, they are all items that I will eventually use. I am feeling just mediocre about the contents of this box overall. This month's box has a value of $159. That is defiantly on the higher end for this box, and I am very happy with that amount. I always figure I could swap or regift the items I don't love, so the value is still there. 



If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a little pricey at $39.95, but you always receive a great value of products, and what better way is there to treat yourself each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment