Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ipsy Glambag November 2016 Review - Rockstarlette

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of October, and I am excited to see all those goodies inside. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers five sample size, and sometimes full size, beauty products to your door in a specially curated makeup bag for only $10. The products range from hair, nails, body, and face, and they each month usually have a great value. They typically include products totaling $50 or more, which is great for the price. Ipsy has sometimes missed my preferences, but sometimes they are too good to be true. Fall and holiday boxes are the best, so I have high hopes for this one.

Out of all the subscription boxes, Ipsy does the worst job with themes. They often do not makes since, and the only tie to the theme itself is the makeup bag. The products rarely match. This month’s theme is Rockstarlette. It is a mixture between rock star and starlette, which is a fun play on words, but doesn’t make much sense. This month’s bag is really cute. The constellations in the stars shape out beauty products. Star is the common word in the theme, so I am happy to see stars covering this makeup bag, and the zip pull is also shaped like a star. This theme doesn’t have much to do with the month, or the Thanksgiving holiday, but at least I like the bag enough to use it over and over again. They really are great for organization or travel.



$28.00 - 8 g    ($11.90 Value)

I often wear blush, and I love colors that can be used as both a blush and bronzer for those lighter makeup days, so this is already a win. The coral orange is a color I really love, and it is just pink enough to compliment my skin tone. This is the second sample I’ve received from Doucce, and I’m starting to really enjoy this brand. They deliver high quality products with beautiful colors. Unfortunately, this isn’t a color I would reach for during these cool fall/winter months, but instead would wear this will my summer dresses. That being said, I will be putting this aside for now, but it will be a great surprise when May rolls around.




$5.00 each    ($10 Value)

First of all, I absolutely love receiving sheet masks in my subscription boxes. They are my number one favorite product, because not only do they create a little spa at home or on the road, but they leave your complexion looking and feeling great. The aloe mask promises to calm irriataion caused by the cold weather, and the aquaringer will hydrate dry, tight skin. My skin dries up during these months, and I’ve also noticed redness from the bitter cold, so these two masks could not have come at a better time. I can’t wait to use these when my complexion needs a little lift, or the weather has really taken a toll on my skin. Way to go, Ipsy!




$128.00 - 50 ml    ($38.40 Value)

Made with padina pavonica, an algae from the Mediterranean that moisturizes while deeply firms and tones, this thick cream will soften the look of fine lines and reduces inflammation. Also, with added rose, it will cut down on redness and heal acne. Seriously, how could the product get any better. The cream tackles every single last complexion concern. The smell is really nice, which is important for any beauty product that is applied close to your nose. The thickness of the cream is great for these cool, dry months as well. I am not worried about anything too thick, as it will easily soak up, and I won’t sweat it off. I’ve used this once, and I haven’t noticed too much of a difference, but I am hoping for some major improvements. We will see.




$48.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($6.49 Value)

Oils have always scared me in the past, because I didn’t understand why I would want to add an oil to my already oily hair and skin, but surprisingly, oils will stop the body’s overproducing powers and leave your skin glowing and dewy. A multi-use product, Ipsy recommends using this a night cream to stop the appearance of aging, as a shine booster and moisturizer to your hair to smooth as well, as a cuticle miracle to add moisture and sooth, or as a makeup remover for those hard to remove products. This is seriously a do all. As my hair get enough oil, and I rarely have issues removing makeup, this will be used as a night and cuticle oil. I can’t wait to start using it, and hope I see some great improvements.




$18.00 - 0.8 oz    ($1.80 Value)

First of all, I love theBalm. They deliver such high end product, beautiful shades, and fun packaging, which to me describes the perfect brand. Second, I wear mascara Every. Single. Day. That means this will definitely get used up, and quickly. Third, these deluxe sample sizes give the perfect amount of product before the mascara starts to dry and clump. I actually prefer them to the larger tubes. This mascara in particular promises to volumize and life, but is able to get to every single lash with its ultra-flexible wand. Also, the super black color creates a dramatic effect. I have tried plenty of different mascaras over the last few years, and I have to say, this is one of my all-time favorites. Seriously, theBalm, you did it again. I will be purchasing this product over and over. 



Overall, this month’s bag blew it out of the park. I normally like a few of the products, but these are mostly all at the love level. Those sheet masks are amazing, and they are perfectly paired with the weather. The collagen cream is a dream come true, and that multi-use oil will make the perfect travel companion. That mascara, I’m just saying, is possibly the best mascara I’ve ever tried. It is a win, win, win. Even the blush is great, but I wouldn’t exactly chose that color for this time of the year. This month’s glambag has a value of $68.59. That is pretty great for a $10 subscription, and that isn’t even including the value of the makeup bag. This month was a complete win, and possibly one of my favorite bags of all time. This is two months of great bags for me, so I hope they can keep it up. 


If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. It would make a great gift for those upcoming holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment