Sunday, November 27, 2016

Birchbox November 2016 Review - The Finishing Touch

Once again, my Birchbox has arrived for the month of November, and I’m already excited about the theme and my sample choice, so I have a feeling this box is going to be great. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers five beauty samples curated by your beauty profile and the monthly theme to your door for only $10 a month. The products range from hair, nails, body, face, and makeup. This subscription box is a little less makeup heavy, which I love, and I also think they do a great job of selecting products I’ll love. I always find new favorites and must haves each month, so I can’t wait to see what is in store for me this month.


This month’s theme is The Finishing Touch. This month’s products are all about those extra, just-because details that make all the difference. To me, this month is all about luxury and festivities, or at least the warm up to what’s to come. I think these products will be great for getting a little dressier and spending just a little more time on myself. Just because. Also, this box is beautiful. The patterns reminds me of fall plants and thanksgiving, but the colors are modern. This will fit perfectly with my bedroom design, and I will definitely be placing it on my bedside table to store my nighttime beauty products. I would normally talk about reward points at this time, but those are unfortunately no longer, which is still a bummer.




$24.00 - 0.3 oz    ($8.00 Value)

I cannot believe that I have yet to try this product before, and when I saw this in my Birchbox, I was really excited. Benefit is one of my all-time favorite beauty brands, and I am actually using one of their mascaras right now. This mascara gives lashes a major curl and reaches every last lash with its flexible hook n’ roll brush. Also, with ingredients like B5, this mascara will also condition your lashes and leaves a satin finish. After one use, I was in absolute awe of this product. My lashes were out of control curly with added volume. I didn’t even have to layer another mascara on top, which I normally do. Also, I love these sample sized mascaras, because you can you the entire product before it dries and gets clumpy. This will be my new go to, and my all-time favorite finishing touch.




$58.00 - 1.7 oz    ($1.36 Value)

Birchbox does such a great job with their themes. I think perfume is the best just-because detail that can make a huge difference on your look. Every time I wear perfume, I feel just a little more luxe and put together.  This scent is perfect for late Fall, as well. I am a fan of vanilla, and something about it just screams comfort and warmth. What a great scent for these upcoming holidays. It has major notes of vanilla, but tonka bean and goji berry make it a little more interesting. I think I will be wearing this to Thanksgiving dinner, while passing out presents, and most likely while lounging with childhood friends and catching up on their lives.




$25.00 - 125 ml    ($10.00 Value)

Of course, I just chopped my hair, so my ends are in the best shape ever, so this isn’t the most exciting product from this month’s box. I am happy to see it can be used for more than just split or crunchy ends. This fast drying, creamy product is makde with rice and wheat proteins, which will leave your hair soft, silky, and flyaway free. Also, if you have color-treated hair, this cream will lock in moisture and stop it from fading. The scent isn’t bad, and after applying to damp hair, I noticed great improvements with the silkiness of my hair, but it did way it down a tad. I think I will keep this for Sunday’s or hair up days, when that won’t matter. Icing on the cake, all Davroe products are vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.




$38.00 - 10 ml    ($19.00 Value)

I have so many under eye creams that promise to reduce darkness and soften lines, but I still have those problems, and require makeup to cover them. This multi-use product will cover dark circles while treating under eye aging. With ingredients like cucumber seed and rosehip, this cream will brighten, soothe, and hydrate. I love the idea of this product, because I often don’t want to just cover, I want the problem fixed, and this does both. It does cover really well, and I’ve noticed my under eyes brightening. I wouldn’t exactly consider this a finishing touch, but it is something I will use when I have a little extra time to get ready, and it will definitely make me look and feel a little more luxe. I love this product, so I wish it were a little more affordable, but I will use this sample until it’s gone.




$25.00 - 0.1 oz    ($6.25 Value)

Out of the sample choices this month, there wasn’t one in particular that I was dying to receive, but after choosing this lip stain, I have grown to be pretty excited about it. By adjusting to your body’s unique chemistry, this formula will create a customized and flattering hue, perfect for you. With ingredients like olive oil, avocado oil, flower wax, and beeswax, this lip color will leave your lips supple, soft, and moisturized. I love products like these, because they give the “no makeup look” a perfect finishing touch, and the color always looks great on me. Overall, I am really happy with this product. It does leave my lips a little less moisturized than I like, but the color is beautiful. This is going straight into my purse for everyday use, but also to give my lips that touch of color without overdoing it.


Overall, I am so happy about this month’s box. I am obsessed with every single product, except the hair cream, and even that is something I will use. That mascara is an instant go to, and the perfume is perfect for this time of year. The under eye cream and lip color are also two simple ways to give a my look a little extra. Also, I think all of these products are especially fitting for the holidays. This month’s box has a value of $44.61 which is really great for a $10 box and for Birchbox. They usually value around $25/$30, so this a great month. Since the value was amazing and the products matched, this box has been overwhelmingly great. November boxes always seem to impress. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift giving option as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment