Sunday, November 13, 2016

PopSugar Must Have November 2016 Review

Yea! My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for November, and I am so excited to see what’s inside. Fall boxes are my absolute favorite, but nothing could get better than fall mixed with the holidays, which makes November boxes some of the best. Therefore, I already have a feeling this one is going to be great. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box that delivers products from the best of beauty, fashion, home, books, fitness, and food. These curated boxes are delivered to your door for $39.95 each. They always have a value over $100, and sometimes over $150, so the value is there. Most importantly, the products inside are great, and I always find those “how did I live without this” products each month.

PopSugar Must Have doesn’t exactly have a theme, but instead they have inspirational words that help tie together the products to the month. This month’s theme words are Togetherness, Elegant, Essentials, Inviting, Celebration. I know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and it is the best holiday for solely spending time with friends and family. These words all symbolize the best Thanksgiving holiday to me, so I am hoping for some great products. Maybe there will be some great serving products or a warm sweater scarf. I am also hoping for a great makeup item and possibly a luxurious bath product. I have a feeling, either way I’ll be happy.




$50.00

PopSugar rarely sends out jewelry that I love, but this is beautiful. I love the simplicity, romantic, and vintage feel to this semi-dainty bracelet. The white, yet iridescent stone, is classic and will really go with anything, while the closure is something I’ve never seen before, and I really think it adds a modern touch to this piece. I could see myself wearing this with a sweater for family dinner, or even with a dress for those holiday parties. There is so much detail to this bracelet, it really could easily stand alone as a statement piece or layered for a more dramatic effects. This is a great start to this month’s box, and I really don’t know how they could top this. I can’t wait to wear this throughout the holidays.



$44.00

PopSugar does a really great job of offering a variety of products, and this table runner is something I would never have thought of receiving. It is definitely the product that many of us don’t have, but plenty of us will enjoy. Also, what a great way to spruce up your table for a friendly gathering or a holiday dinner. This style could be considered country, contemporary, or vintage, so I could see it fitting plenty of style homes. Also, this muted wine and cream color is great for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I could also see myself getting it back out for the 4th of July. This unfortunately doesn’t fit my style perfectly (I like a mix of midcentury modern, industrial, and urban), but I think it will be great for decorated during the holidays. Also, it adds the perfect amount of warmth to the serving or dinner table. This isn’t my favorite item, but it will definitely get used.




$25.00

This is the second time PopSugar sent us an item from Stowaway, and I think it is once again perfect timing. These travel/deluxe sample sized beauty products are created small so you are able to use the full product before they expire. That means less waste and less bacteria, which is a win to me. This tiny compact is about the size of your credit card, but even though it is small, it is mighty. The palette includes every natural color you would want from a matte white to a glittery granite, and a gold copper. It also gives you a dark blue to give your eyes a pop. This palette is perfect for anyone with brown or blue eyes, which is most of us, so I think a lot of subscribers are really going to enjoy it. It also comes with an angle and smudge brush for application. I love this palette, and it could possibly be the best one I’ve ever received. I will be traveling for both holidays coming up, and this will definitely be coming with me.



$35.00

I am surprised to see not one, but two home products in this month’s box, but we do tend to spend more time at home around these chilly month’s and I’ve had plans of hostessing events with my friends. While the first product wasn’t really my style, this one is perfect for me. I love the industrial wire, but I could see this blending with many other home styles as well. You can use this as a fruit bowl (which I will probably do), put a cloth napkin down for dinner rolls, or use it to decorate and fill it with Christmas tree bulbs. Seriously, so many options. I think this is a great addition to this month’s box, and it will definitely be used. I think it screams every single inspirational word. Well done, PopSugar.




$8.00

It wouldn’t be the holidays without PopSugar including a glittery, decorative piece, but these happen to be so practical. These star shaped party picks come in two colors and sizes, and can be used for so many things. You could stick them in cheese squares with salami rolled on top, or use them to garnish drinks. If you’re anything like my family, these will go next to the meatball crockpot for some curve the hunger snacks.  I think these may be a little to celebratory for Thanksgiving, but I will be using them for Christmas and New Years, as the stars and sparkle are perfect. Again, these aren’t my favorite item in the box, but they are really cute and perfect for the holidays gatherings. I’ll just have to remind myself to use them.




$2.99 - 4.25 oz

PopSugar always includes a food item, and much to my dismay, they are always sweets, or like I call it “junk food.” I’m not completely clean, but I like to eat real food as much as possible, and I’d rather have healthy snacks around the house over sugar heavy treats. I do like popcorn, though, as it is pretty natural if you don’t add anything to it, and it is at least a healthy base. The toffee isn’t for me, though. I don’t care much for the flavor, and one of my least favorite sweets. That being said, it is all natural, which I commend, and gluten free for those with that diet restriction. I cross my fingers every single month for something I know I will love, but is also good for me, and it never comes. Here is to hoping for next month.



Overall, this box has been a grand slam and possibly one of my favorite boxes of all time. The products, the theme, the relateability to the holiday. Everything was great. That palette is my absolute favorite item from this box, and that bracelet and bowl are right up there. The table runner and star picks are perfect for hostessing or decorating as well. The toffee popcorn isn’t my favorite, but I am not going to let this $2 item bring down the greatness of the box. This month’s box has a value of $164.99 It is usually high, but not this high, so really that is the icing on the cake. This has been a win for me, and I am really happy about all these great products. Now that holidays have to come quicker so they can all be used.


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself every single month. They make great Christmas gifts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment