Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Sephora Play! November 2016 Review - Best in Glow

Yes! My Sephora Play November box has arrived, and quite surprisingly. I didn’t receive shipping confirmation, so I had no idea it would be waiting for me when I arrived home from work. Sephora Play is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers six beauty samples to your door for only $10 each. Since they only deliver products sold in store at Sephora, it is a good blend of higher end and high end beauty products. Since these products are more expensive, it is great to sample them first. Also, they deliver a wide variety of beauty products from hair and nails to makeup and fragrance. I can’t wait to see what Sephora has in store for me this month.


Each month, Sephora Play curates their products to a theme, which also inspires the drawstring bag. This month’s theme is Best in Glow. I think this is such a clever theme for the month of November, because it fits perfectly with beauty products and an inspiring look for your skin, but watching the dog show on the morning of Thanksgiving is a family tradition. This month’s products will get you glowing, whether it be skin, face, or makeup. I normally prefer natural makeup, but for me, I am always willing to wear a lot more celebratory colors. Also, who doesn’t want glowing skin. Especially when cold weather sets in. Each month comes with a fold out itemized card that details each product in your box. You can also bring in smaller black card into Sephora for some great tips and added points.



Cover FX Illuminating Primer

$38.00 - 1 oz    ($6.08 Value)

How fitting for the theme that the first product I pull out to be an illuminator. This theme is already working out well. And, this product is amazing as well. Not only will this primer help cover large pores and wrinkles while holding onto your makeup for a longer lasting look, but it also illuminates your skin, helping catch light and giving your face a natural glow. That’s not it, though. The primer itself also promotes glowing skin with ingredients like gatuline, hylasome, and panthenol. These will give your face an before makeup glow by supporting microcirculation, hydration, and toning. Therefore, you won’t eventually eliminate the need for an illuminizer altogether. I would say, I’ve used better primers, but this did a great job of making my skin glow. Even with foundation and primer on top, I was amazed by my young and healthy complexion. I love this product, which is great, because this sample will last me at least a month.




The Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama 2-in-1 Makeup Remover + Cleanser

$32.00 - 6.7 oz    ($2.39 Value)

What is better than a multi-use product, especially while getting ready for bed after a long day? I’d say probably nothing. This makeup removing oil cleanser will dissolve the most suborn makeup while leaving skin clean and ready for bed. To use, just spread the oil on your face with clean fingers or cotton. Let sit for a moment, then add water. This will turn the oil into a milky cleanser to get deep into pores. Just wash away and all the makeup and dirt is gone. With ingredients like jojoba oil, aloe, and cucumber, this product will also condition skin and leave it luminous. Now I’ll get some real beauty sleep. I love this product, and it is perfect for me and my lifestyle. This sample is tiny, so I may just have to purchase the full sized product. 



Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold

$29.00 - 0.05 oz    ($17.40 Value)

Shadow sticks are here to stay, and I am really excited about receiving another in this subscription box. When you are in need of a splash of color on your lids, but don’t have time to blend, these shadow sticks come in handy. Also, these are great for travel, as you don’t require brushes. This product in particular is super long lasting, so once it sets, it stays. Also, you can use as a highlighter if you have bronzer skin. I think this is a beautiful color. It is subtle, but with a touch of glam, and definitely illuminates the eyes. They suggest also blending these, but for me, shadow sticks are for those effortless looks that really are effortless. I love this product, and since the sample is more than half size, this will last me forever. I would consider purchasing a few different colors, though. 




Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink

$12.00 - 0.11 oz    ($10.91 Value)

Sephora loves including some of their own products in the box, but they usually are deluxe samples, so I am happy to see them, usually. This is one of those times that I’m not too thrilled with their chosen beauty product. This lip gel is basically a lip gloss, but with an added touch. It includes added light-reflecting shine that creates the effect of fuller, plumped lips. I do have really thin lips, so this product would come in handy, but I absolutely hate lip gloss. It is sticky, shiny, and drying. This does promise to be hydrating, but I just hate lip gloss so much, I won’t even give it a try. The color just isn’t for me either, and I don’t know many people who are opting for bubble gum pink this time of year. I will say, this will make your lips shine, not exactly glow, though. I do appreciate that it isn’t tested on animals. This one is going straight to a friend. No lip gloss for me. Did I say that enough?




GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment

$69.00 - 1.2 oz    ($17.25 Value)

First, I love face masks of all sizes. Peels, sheets, clays, seriously all of the above. Second, I have had a problem with acne for about a year now. I am in my late twenties, and I have the face of a teenager. Acne is my number one skin concern, so I was really excited to see this mask in my box. This mask is scientifically advanced to visibly draw out dirt while dramatically brighten and soften skin. It promises to clear up acne, blemishes, white heads, and black heads, all while reducing oiliness. I was impressed how great my skin looked after one use, and I really think it could clear my skin within a few weeks. Unfortunately, this sample is enough for maybe three uses, so that may not be enough to really find out. I love this product, and it will definitely make your skin glow. I just wish it weren’t that expensive. Otherwise, I’d swoop up a bottle of two in an instant.




Stella McCartney Pop Eau de Parfum 

$72.00 - 1.6 oz    ($2.25 Value)

Sephora always includes a perfume sample in their subscription box, but because they include six samples, unlike the typically five, this feels like a little extra instead of taking away from something possibly great. Also, I love perfume samples. I hate wearing the same scent over and over, because I like to switch them up by occasion and mood, so samples are the perfect way to refresh my scent every single day. This perfume was created to make you feel and smell bright and positive. It has notes of tomato leaves, green mandarin, violet, tuberose, plumeria, sandalwood, cedarwood, and musk. To me, it is very nice and clean, but not as interesting as it leads on to be in the description. Also, it is a little darker with the musk and cedarwood. I do like it though, even though it isn’t spectacular. I will definitely wear it, maybe to an art gallery.



Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. That GLAMGLOW mask for acne is my favorite item I’ve ever received from Sephora, but the primer, makeup remover, and shadow stick are all great as well, and will definitely be used by me on a regular basis. The perfume was nice, but not great, and that lip gloss was a pure flop for me. I am sure one of my friends will really appreciate it though. This month’s box has a value of $56.28. That is absolutely crazy for a $10 box. Not only were the samples great, but the value is something I can attest paying $10 for. I love this box, and I am glad I finally decided to join. I have a feeling December is going to be great as well.



If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try new products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment