Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birchbox March 2014 Review - Spring Forward

My Birchbox is here! It is always such an exciting subscription box to find in the mailbox. I couldn't wait to open and see what was in store for me. Birchbox is a monthly beauty sample subscription box curated around your profile for $10 a box. 


After opening the outer-shell, the inner box is the normal, classic Birchbox. I've been collecting all my leftover boxes for a diy project so I appreciate that they are the same every month.


This month's theme is Spring Forward, with all the products focused on getting us out of these winter blues and becoming reawakened. It is the perfect theme, especially after this long and very cold winter. 


I am excited to see a lot of the exclusive items the curators pick out every month. These items feel extra special, because they are products that both fit the theme and are the curators favorites. 



$36.00 - 1.7 oz           

As one of the featured items this month, I was excited to try COOLA's mineral sunscreen. Unfortunately, it didn't meet my expectations. While I love the added sunscreen to help protect against these spring months where sun protection is often missed, the tint didn't make any difference to my reddish coloring, and the mousse consistency wasn't enough moisture to pull through these drying months. If you would like to try it for yourself, just click on the product title for the Birchbox link.



$21.95 - 8 oz           

This leave-in conditioner made combing my long locks so much easier, and also left my hair feeling super silky. Having long, thin hair, it is difficult to find a product that doesn't weigh it down, but also doesn't leave it feeling greasy. I will definitely be purchasing this product again after my sample is gone! 


theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples?

$32.00 - Pallet     

Not only is the packaging super cute, but the product is long lasting and super blendable. This cheek and lip cream comes in six apple inspired colors. While I wouldn't have chosen Pie, I actually love the pinkish red. I will mostly use this on my lips because the color is too dark for my pale cheeks. 




$12.00 - 0.9 oz

This all-purpose skin salve and lip balm is the perfect way to heal my winter skin. I also like how it is an all in one, so it is perfect for throwing in my purse for whenever my skin needs a little moisture. It is also a great price for being such a high-quality item. 



$11.99 - 7.5 oz                

This item is an additional item that is included in this month's box. These mass-market items are Birchbox finds that may be available everywhere, but deserve credit for their high quality. I love my BB body cream, and while it is Jergens, it is the perfect way to get my body ready for shorts and tank tops. I also enjoy how Birchbox credits this as free addition so the box doesn't lose it's high end quality. 


Overall, I am so happy with my Spring Forward box. It has the perfect products to get my skin, hair, and face ready for spring. While I was starting to second guess Birchbox, this box put me back on track. I will definitely use all of these samples until they are gone. 


Every month my Birchbox gets better and better. After I rate each product, Birchbox gets a better understanding of what I like compared to what I didn't and crafts the perfect box of samples for me. I estimate this box to be worth $13.92, which is a little more than I paid, but I can review the products for points to purchase full size items in the store. And, the monthly featured items ship free!

If you would like to try Birchbox on your own, just click here. For $10.00 a month, you can't go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment