Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ipsy March 2014 Subscription Box Review - Destination Beauty

My Ipsy Subscription is here! It is always so exciting to receive this pink package in my mailbox. Not only am I excited to see what products are inside but also the makeup bag.


After opening it up I peeked inside, and I love the modern pattern. It was created by an artist by the name Klari and is an interpretation of "street anatomy." 


This is my favorite Ipsy makeup bag and my new go to for traveling. I love the modern look and the artistic take. Keep it up, Ipsy!


The theme for this month is Destination Beauty. All of the items are inspired by different cities or the perfect spring break resort. Also, they are all go to items in petite sizes, so you bring them along and pack light.  


After unpacking my bag, I can see the theme come to life. I am happy to see an item from every category and not having products that all revolve around a certain feature. 


Chella Eyeliner Pen in Bleu Indigo

$24.00

This eyeliner goes on smoothly and easily, and it lasted all day. Blue isn't normally a color I'd go with, because I like more natural colors, but I have to say I enjoyed the look, and it made my blue eyes pop.


Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready

$18.00 - Full Size

Again, this color isn't something I'd pick out on my own, but my boyfriend loved it, so I'll be sure to break it out on special occasions. The lipstick didn't dry out my lips and lasted forever. Also, all the colors are based on living large, which is perfect for a travel theme. 



$9.00 - Full Size   

This primer by Pixi matched my skin tone perfectly. It did leave a little bit of a shimmer, but it gave me a youthful glow, and it made my makeup last all day. I will use this product anytime I need a quick fresh glow. It is also reasonably priced.


NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow in Bikini Bottom

$6.00

Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, this gold pallet made my eyes pop on one of the most festive holidays. While these pallets have a Rio theme, I thought my colors were pretty safe seeing as Rio is so colorful, but I'm happy because these are colors I will actually wear. 


While I did love the theme and all of the products, a few of the colors were a little off, but they won't go unused. It gives me a chance to break out of my normal makeup routine. Also, I estimate this box to be worth $41.10, which is well over what I paid, and that doesn't even include the cute makeup bag. 

If you want to try Ipsy for yourself just click here. For $10 a month, it's a steal for the size and quality of products you receive. It also gives you a chance to mix things up and to try new products you may love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment