Saturday, November 1, 2014

Birchbox October 2014 Review - Fanfare

My favorite subscription box has arrived, and I can't wait to see what is inside. The month of October is my favorite so I have high expectations for this box in particular. Birchbox is a month subscription box full of samples and full size items that fit your beauty profile for only $10 a month. 


Every once in a while the inside box comes in a different color or pattern, but this month is back to it's normal light brown. Unfortunately, those colorful boxes seem to always have a special extra tucked inside, but who knows, this one could be just the same. 


This month's theme is Fanfare, which perfectly fits this month for me. I am such a huge fan of fall, new TV seasons, and all the things that come with October. I hope this box has some of Birchbox's favorites which will soon become my own.                                                                                                      


dr. brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner

$45 - 1 oz            

Dr. brant is such a great brand. I was so excited to see another one of his products in my Fanfare box. This really helps clean out my pores and practically makes them disappear. Plus, it smells great, which is a plus for a product that I use mostly around my nose. I am a big fan of this, and will continue to be for a while.  



ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick Trio in Kitten

$20.00 - Three 0.13 oz Lipsticks               

As one of the picks for this month's choose a sample, I decided to go with this lipstick hoping it would become my new obsession. My wish came true, because I love this product. The color just enhances my natural lips, but the matte finish puts a new spin on products I've tried before. Also, this leaves my lips soft and moisturized. I've already been looking into other colors that are available in this line. 


beautyblender + deluxe solid cleanser

$28.95 - 2 Sponges       

This product actually helped my foundation go on smoothly and more evenly creating a more natural made up face. Plus, it is so soft on my skin. This full sized item also came with a cleanser to clean the blender after use. I love receiving beauty tools along with my samples in my Birchboxes, so this was awesome to see. But, I don't like having to clean it after each use. I don't really have time for that. I will probably use for special occasions. 


Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy

$13.95 - 6 oz       

I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this hand cream, because the sample's container felt dated. The smell is yummy and subtle and reminded me of lush products my mother used to own. This hand therapy cream is thicker than I thought and you only need to use a small amount. Plus, it left my hand silky smooth and hydrated. I am going to start using this product as my daily hand cream. 


SAGE + fasten Onward Eau de Parfum

$50.00 - 50 ml         

I've been searching for a citrusy fragrance to use as my staple, so I was really excited to see this in my box. While it does have citrus notes, the strength of this smell is with the apple. Because of this, it isn't my favorite perfume, but it did make me feel happier. I am still hoping for something a little lighter, but maybe after this sample is gone I'll want to buy the full size. 


This has got to be my favorite Birchbox ever. Not only does it contain different products of brand that I love, or new brands that I'm a new fan of, it was win after win for me. I will definitely do some shopping after these samples. I estimated this box to be worth $32.40 which is on the lower end for the worth of contents inside, but that just means the full size items will be nicer to my wallet. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself. just click here. I have definitely discovered a ton of new products I love, and now you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment