Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ipsy November 2014 Review - Girl Meets Glitter

I look forward to my Ipsy Glambag to arrive all month! I love fall months, so this pack should have some seasonal things that I love! I can't wait to see what is inside. Ipsy is a beauty subscription bag with both full size and sample size items for only $10 a month.  


This month's makeup bag is pink and glittery. This is something I would expect with December of January, but not november. The last of the fall months, I would expect November to stick with the dark nature colors and comfort of this month. Also, the bag is really cheap this month. I can barely zip it up without a struggle. They teamed up with Forever 21, which is a super cheap store. I don't think I am going to love what is inside. 


This month's theme is Girl Meets Glitter. I'm not a girly girl, and the only time you will see me wearing any sort of glitter is on New Year's Eve. I can already tell this theme is not for me. They should have saved it for next month. 


Marc Anthony True Professional Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray

$8.29 - 9 fl oz         

I am not one for hairspray, and only wear it about three times a year, but this will definitely get used eventually. It smelled like hairspray and it was sticky and didn't hold better than anything I've used before. The claims of this product didn't hold up for me. You might as well purchase a cheaper product. 


 J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion

$4.99 - 10 ml


When I put this on, my boyfriend literally laughed out loud. It is such a dark and thick color, the tube is the worst packaging. You have to put it on your finger to use, which stains your finger. After applying it with my finger I looked like a clown. This should really be in a applicator tube. Also, this color is wayyyyyy to dark for me. This will end up in the trash or given to someone as a prank. 



 Temptu S/B Highlighter

$27.50 - 1 fl oz        

This highlighter didn't really do anything. I am not one to make myself look completely different with layers of makeup, so a highlighter doesn't really make my makeup bag. I could see myself trying this for New Years or another glam day like that, but I'm not sure it would really do anything for me. 


Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive 

$14.00 - 2.5 g


This isn't my first Be a Bombshell product, so I am finally happy to see an item in my glambag. This is a eye base and is used under your normal eyeshadow. I do like how it makes my other eyeshadow powder stick, and could be used all on its own with its subtle color and shimmer. This is something I will definitely keep and use.



 IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye

$24.00 - 8 g                

I have really dark circles under my eyes, and this thick cream actually helped hide them. I like how the color was just a little brighter than my skin tone, and how it really had staying power. It is definitely a higher end product, which changes my opinion of this entire Ipsy glambag. Again, I will definitely use this product. 


Overall, this is my least favorite Ipsy Glambag so far. The products just seem to get cheaper and cheaper, and I don't think they take my beauty profile into consideration. I have it noted that I go for a more natural look, so three of these products just don't make since for me. Ipsy is definitely for someone that likes a full makeup look. I estimate this bag to be worth $32.55, which is much more than I expected. 


Hopefully next month is more my style, and I will definitely keep with my subscription to find out. I am not going to give up after one bad month. If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment