Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ipsy October 2014 Review - Beauty Candy

My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of October, and I am in high hopes for this month's products. Ipsy is a subscription bag for $10 a month and includes both full size and sample size beauty items in a cute makeup bag.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               


The theme for the month of October is Beauty Candy. I like how the theme goes with this month and the amount of candy you get trick or treating. This month gives us the treats we really want, and that is new beauty products to try out. 


 I really like this month's makeup bag! I love the turquoise color and the quilted pattern. The plastic fabric makes this easy to clean for any spills, which is necessary for any makeup bag. The makeup bag is stocked full of products and at first sight I like what I see. 


 Ecru Acacia Protein BB Cream

$30.00 - 4.2 oz              $7.14

I don't normally wear any hair products because my hair is so thin and silky, but this is one that I would be happy to continue to use. By adding it to the length and ends of my hair, it creates an all day added shine and body. I thought hair products would weigh my hair down, but this one helps create some additional volume. Well worth the price.


Patagonia Ayres Body Butter

$28.00 - 6.75 oz            $4.15

I love this branding and the packaging is really high end. This body butter is lighter and fluffier than I would have predicted. Plus, it smells great with added essential oils such as jasmine and rosemary. I like how it leaves my body moisturized but not greasy. I will definitely be using my sample up. 


Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure

$12.00               $4.00

I am not into lip glosses, so I wasn't thrilled to see this in my Glambag. This miniature lip gloss does have the same stickiness that I don't like, but I do like the sheen and color. I will use this for days I have to get dressed up, but it will sit in my makeup bag until then. I am not a hugh fan of this brand either. 


Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Eye Shadow in Esmeralda

$3.99 - 2 grams

Jess's Girl is another cheaper brand that I'm not completely into, but I do enjoy new eye shadow colors, and this one looks interesting. I like how it leaves a darker metallic sheen on my eyes once on. It is interesting on how those two colors combine. I am glad that I received this color, because I probably wouldn't be a fan of any of the colors. 


Skyn Glacial Cleansing Cloths

$15.00 - 30 cloths               $5

These are my absolute favorite cleansing cloths I have ever used. I love the clean and refreshing smell, I love the the sudsy clean that I don't have to rinse off, and I like the fully saturated cloth so it feels like I'm able to use each cloth to its fullest potential. I've been getting a lot more zits after working out, and I will be able to use these for the times that I can't jump in the shower directly after my workout. I've already purchased this full size item. 


Again, this month's Ipsy Glambag is full of products that are new favorites and other products that I can live without. I continue to still think that the value is well worth the cost, and I love discovering new products and the surprise that comes with opening each bag. I estimate this bag to be worth $24.28, which doesn't even include the makeup bag. 


If you would like to start receiving Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. It also makes a great gift for your family or friends for any holiday! Any subscription length is just $10 a month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment