Monday, June 29, 2015

Birchbox June 2015 Review - Say Yes!

This month's Birchbox has finally arrived. The last few month's, my Birchbox came during the second week of the month. Since this box didn't arrived until the second to last week, it seemed like forever. I must be a little spoiled. Or, a lot spoiled, because I get Birchbox every month. Birchbox is a beauty sample subscription box for $10 a month filled with great new beauty products and has the best rewards program. I don't think I will ever cancel this subscription, because I love this box so much. 


I saw the three different style boxes for this month in the spoilers, and I love the one that came to me. I love the ombre pattern, and these colors are my favorite. I love that birchbox now decorates it's box every month. I keep the cute ones on my book shelf for storage, while others I use as storage in my bathroom cabinet. 


This month's theme is Say Yes! I really like this theme. It is so easy to be lazy and turn down invitations because I'm tired, or I don't want to get ready. Also, by saying no, we all could miss out on opportunities that might not ever come our way again. By saying yes, we all get to live a little more. This theme is perfect for June, because it is heating up outside, and we can all be a little more adventerous with our style, with our makeup, and just in general. I hope these products help me Say Yes!


Birchbox Plus

RumbaTime Orchard Gloss Watch in Lights Out

$45.00 - $28 w/ Birchbox Plus

For the last year or so, Birchbox has offered Birchbox Plus, which are a few additional items, usually accessories, that are offered with your BIrchbox for a discounted price. Usually, I like the items, but they aren't something I need, or I don't want to spend more money on something I don't love. This month, they featured a watch I have been eyeing for a while. It is normally $45, which is why I didn't buy it before, but with the discounted rate of $28, I really couldn't pass up on the offer. Plus, I knew it would be out of stock for a while after featuring it with their subscription. I love this watch, and it is really durable, while making my outfit look a little classier. I am glad I splurged on this, and will be more willing to purchase more of their plus options. Look at me, I already went with their theme and said yes!



Supergoop! Everday SPF 50 with Cellular Response Technology

$48.00 - 18 oz                

I've received a Supergoop! product before, and it was very similar to this item. I am not complaining, though. I do like the Supergoop! brand, and I love receiving high end sun block in my Birchboxes, because I don't tend to splurge on these items, and they save my face from wrinkles down the road. While this tube sample wouldn't be enough product to cover my whole body, I will save this to use solely on my face. I'll save the cheaper stuff for my body. I don't notice a difference with the Cellular Response Technology, but I bet it is doing something. This goes on light, and it doesn't smell like your basic sunscreen. This will help me protect my skin when I get outside after saying yes!



Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water

$32.00 - 8.4 oz              

This was my sample choice of the month, and while it was a hard decision between a face wash / toner and cool firming eye gels, I am happy with this sample. I love toners, and this one cleans off all your makeup while purifying. I used this after a night out when I was too tired to wash my face, and it prevented me from gross, pimply skin in the morning. It does leave a super light film on your face, but I didn't care, and you could always rinse it off. I am really milking this sample, because I like it so much. The full size is a little expensive, so while I still will probably buy it, I want to make the most of what I already have. 



Pure Vida Lace Headband 

$18.00 - 8 pieces           

This headband was a Bonus item for the month, which makes me happy, even if I am not completely satisfied with the product. This neon, sherbert orange color isn't exactly my favorite and the doily pattern isn't my style, but I will happily wear this when I need to pull back my hair at home or while working out. I saw that other people received hair ties, which I would have much rather preferred. But, since this was an extra item, I can't complain too much. This headband was both simple and sturdy. I will definitely keep an eye out for her other items.  



Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad

$19.95 - palette             

This sample wasn't one I was too thrilled with to begin with, but has grown to be one of my favorites of the month. I am not one to wear actual color on my eyelids, I usually opt for brown and white shades, but these colors are great. I like the gold shimmer with a little bit of deep reddish purple or dark lilac. Plus, this formula leaves the perfect amount of pigment on my eyes and lasts all night. I've received a Coastal Scents product before, and while I thought it was a cheaper brand, this product has really opened my eyes. These colors are the perfect example of me saying yes!



Klorane Shampoo with Mango Butter 

$19.50 - 13.4 oz            

I really like this shampoo. It smells so yummy, like a mango margarita, and left my hair soft, smooth, and manageable. It had a nice lather, but I wish it were a little easier to spread over my hair. My arms and hands were actually tired after scrubbing my scalp. My hair wasn't exactly dry, but this shampoo definitely added some life back into my hair. The new shininess is proof. I wish I didn't love this so much, because I'd rather fall in love with a cheaper shampoo, but I seriously cannot resist. I will definitely be buying this from Birchbox very soon. 





Klorane Conditioning Balm with Mango Butter 

$16.00 - 5.07 oz            

This is a small sample, so I didn't think I'd get much of a judgement from the uses, but I could tell a major difference with one use. This conditioner was heavier, so I didn't have to use as much to get it through my entire head of hair. I liked that I could comb my fingers through my hair in the shower, and it rinsed out easily. My hair was a little difficult to comb afterwards, but after it dried, my hair was soft, shiny, and bouncy. I love this conditioner. Also, it smells amazing!


Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo 

$11.00 - 1.2 g             

I've received a blue eyeliner before, which is a refreshing against all the black eyeliners I normally receive. I like how the blue eyeliner gives a new, cool look, and it really makes my blue eyes pop. Plus, it goes well with my other makeup choices like my go to coral lipstick. This eyeliner goes on smoothly, really, really smoothly, and lasted all night. I was able to rub it off when I rubbed my eyes, so its not too permanent. When Birchbox said that everyone would receive a Marcelle eyeliner in their box, I thought that it meant we would get the full size product, but it is only a sample. I guess I don't go through eyeliner that often anyways, so this will last me a long while. 



I am really happy with this box and all seven, yes SEVEN, samples that I received. I estimate this box to be only worth $11.67, which is pretty low compared to what I've received before, but I don't really care. I love all these samples, and I get $7 to spend in their shop after reviewing all of these. The bonus was a fun product that I will definitely use, and I am so happy I splurged on the Birchbox Plus item. It is something that I've been eyeing, and the discount made it a must. I am going to say yes to all of these products. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you could receive beauty samples and full size items delivered to your doorstep every single month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment