Monday, June 29, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag June 2015 Review - Swim into Beauty

My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of June, and I am excited to see what is inside. I did look at a few cheats, but even those don't tell you exactly what you're going to get, so I have no idea what is going to be inside. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box with both sample size and full size items that is delivered straight to your door for only $1 a month. The value is always great too. 


This month's theme is Swin Into Beauty. They themes haven't really been making much sense except they always go along with the season or the holiday. Also, the products don;t tend to go along with the theme. I love the theme of a box, and love seeing how the items coincide. That portion of Ipsy always leaves me a little disappointed. I'm not that big of a fan of the bag either. It is really dark for the theme and feels like a diaper. I will hand this one off to one of my friends.  



This month's bag seems to be filled to the brim. I also looks like there are some full size items in the mix too. I can't wait to see what is inside, and how, if at all, it goes with the theme. Now looking at the bag a little closer, I could see this bag resembling the colors of a bikini, or something similar to swimming. In other words, it is growing on me. 



Selfie Tan'n Go Instant Face Bronzer

$16.00 - 1 oz

This is the first time I've seen a product like this, and I wasn't really how or if it would work. At first, I definitely used too large of a portion, but I learned quickly of my mistake. This clear liquid with bronzer beads quickly turn into a dark brown formula. My face looked really dark, and really fake. But, I was surprised at how well it worked. The second time I applied it, I used a good amount, and it did make my skin a shade darker. I would never actually buy this product. because it left a weird film on my face, and I felt like I needed to wash my face. Also, I have pinkish skin, and this product enhanced the red. I might use this on the rare occasion, but I feel like I'd have to cover any exposed skin around my face for it to not look too weird. 



SheaMoisture Shea Butter Lip Crayon in Sarah 

$9.99 - 0.1 oz

SheaMoisture is a new brand that I've been hearing about a lot recently. It is all natural ingredients, which has become more important to me over the last few years. Chemicals are everywhere, and it is nice to find some ways to not use them on your body. This lip crayon goes on smoothly and kept my lips moisturized. I had to reapply a few times throughout the night, and I was a little self conscious about this wearing off in weird ways. I don't think I would have chosen this color, but I'm glad that Ipsy sent it to me, because that way I can explore different and new colors. I like this brand and I will keep trying out their products. 


smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer 

$36.00 - 1 fl oz           

I am a huge fan of the smashbox brand, and I love all of their products. That is why I am so surprised that I did not like this product. I don't think that it actually works. I applied it on my face before the rest of my makeup as a primer. Besides the fact that it held my makeup in place a little better than a bare face, it didn't create a "Photo Finish." I thought it would fill in my pores or shield my fine wrinkles, but it really did neither. I am not happy with this sample and won't ever purchase. I hope other people are getting better results, but this product really sucks for m. 


treStiQue Shadow Crayon in Aspen Pine 

$26.00 - color & smudge              

I wasn't sure what this item was at first, so a item description card would have been a nice addition. I did go online and found out that it is an eyeshadow. This is normally a little darker than I like to use, but I am into trying new things. I rubbed this on my eyelids and it layed thick wherever I put it. The normal product comes with a smudge, which definitely necessary with this product. I tried to smudge with my finger, but it just wiped it off. I will have to buy an beauty tool or find something I have lying around the house to use as a smudge, or this product just isn't usable. 


BioRepublic Fiber Mask in Aloe Rescue, Green Tea Detox, and Cucumber Breeze 

$14.95 - 3 masks

I love face masks. They turn your house into a mini spa anytime you like. Plus, they make your skin feel amazing. I've never used a sheet mask before, so this was a new experience. I went with the green tea mask first. You have to unfold it very carefully, because it is pretty wet, and the sheets could rip. On the face, this mask was a little funny. I looked a little scary. The mask itself was cooling and felt full of good ingredients. I also liked how this smelled. So light and pretty. After 20 minutes with this mask on my face, it left my skin refreshed and hydrated. I just tapped the leftover product into my face. I am excited to use the other two. 


This month's bag is worth an estimated $56.44. I only spend $10, so that is a good amount of value. Really, I only spent $10 on this Glambag. I am only completely happy with two of these five items, so that is a little disappointing  I feel like Ipsy tends to have items that are a little cheaper, and or a little too new. At least I got to sample these before I purchased the full size and didn't like it. Also, the theme is Swim into Beauty, and I would not swim in any of these products. I wish the themes made more sense. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you could get beauty samples and full size items delivered right to your door in a cute makeup bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment