Sunday, June 28, 2015

Target Beauty Box - Summer 2015

The Target Beauty Box has already been released for Summer, which came super quickly after the Spring Box. I am not complaining, though. Target Beauty Box is one of my favorite boxes. They are a great value, and I like to sample drug store items along with the high end items that I get in other boxes. I like that Target shows you what you get for what price, so you can decide if it is worth it for you before you buy it. But, because it is so cheap, I'm talking $7, I don't see how it wouldn't be worth it. 


Each season's box comes with a item card. These tell you what each item is, what it costs, and how to use it. I am glad that this comes with this card, because sometimes I am not 100% sure what the items are. Plus, if I love an item, and can instantly see if it is affordable. 



Olay Regenerist Luminous HydraSwirl Eye Cream

$23.99 - 5 oz           

This is a great product. One that I will use and love. I have really dark under eye circles, mostly from lack of sleep, but also because of genetics, and this has made them noticeably lighter. I am not sure how this product goes in or comes out of the swirled container, but it is pretty cool. I like Olay, and this is an item that I wouldn't normally purchase for myself. But, since this box only cost $7, I can say I am happy I received this sample in my box. Plus, that it is definitely worth it. I use a tiny amount every night, so this will last me forever!


Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Gladiolus

$7.99 - 0.1 oz 

This is a true red, and not your normal lipstick. Also, this is another full size item. This lip color looks great on, and gives the classic red lip look. I like that it felt like moisturizer going on, but after a while, my lips dried out. Also, I had to reapply a few times. It would be difficult for me to wear this lipstick for a full night out without the ability to do multiple mirror checkups, because this color wearing off would be quite noticeable. I wish it were more long lasting, because I really like this lipstick and the true red color. 





SinfulColors Professional Nail Color in Thimbleberry

$1.99 - 1.5 oz

I've received this item before for free in a different color, so I wasn't too happy to receive it in a box I payed for. I do like that it is another full size item, and I do like this color, though. It isn't the nicest nail polish I've ever used, but it goes on nicely and only starts to chip away after a few days of wear. I could definitely see this on my toe nails all summer long, so this is perfect for their summer box. 



Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads

$3.99 - 10 pads                

I don't wear a whole lot of nail polish, so I seriously do not have nail polish remover in my house. I usually pick it off with my nails or repaint overtop, so this is an item I will definitely use. It is true, you only need one wipe to get all 10 nails, and they worked pretty well. I do like this idea of a presoaked pad, because you would normally have to use a cotton ball of your own. This does make it a little pricier though, and it uses much more packaging waste. I think after these samples, I am going to buy a bottle of the normal nail polish remover instead. 



Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo

$7.99 - 1.7 oz

I love this dry shampoo so much. I actually have received this item before, and I used it to the last drop. This dry shampoo works really well, and turns my second day hair into freshly manageable non greasy hair. Also, this smells great, which is important with something you end up smelling all day. I am going to definitely use this up, and now that I know target sells this for a good price, I will purchase it over and over and over. Also, I am trying to wash my hair less, and this helps save my hair from oil stripping shampoos. 



I estimate this box to be worth $30.65, which is a little less than Target gave, but still worth the cost. I only spent $7 on everything, including shipping. I am really happy with three of the five samples. The two nail products just aren't for me. But, for everyone else, this would be a great box. Besides the color of the nail polish, I don't really see why any of these products would be specific to summer, which makes me a little disappointed.  



Besides not being seasonal specific, I really enjoy this box. I like getting drug store items that I can afford from a place that I go regularly. Once seasons change, I always keep an eye open for these Target Beauty Boxes, because they tend to go quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment