Sunday, June 28, 2015

Target Men's Beauty Box - Summer 2015

Along with this seasons Target Beauty Box is this Father's Day Box. I really like this idea, but I didn't think my father would use these items, so I bough it for my boyfriend. He is so used to seeing subscription boxes come in the mail for me, so I thought it would be fun for him to get one of his own. This box only cost $5, and it is always fun when Target comes out with more than one with a season. Why not just buy them all. 


I was wondering what the inside card would say, because this is the first box I've seen directed towards a dude, and this made me smile. I also am happy with the items listed on the back. It is good to know what the item is, how much it costs, and what it does. These were all pretty straightforward, but sometimes I will get an item that I am not 100% sure what it is. 


Orabrush Tongue Cleaner

$4.49

This tongue cleaner was a perfect item for my boyfriend. He doesn't always brush his tongue, and this will remind him to do so. The first time he used this, he was surprised by how well it worked. He said he really noticed a big difference. I could also sense the fresher breath when he gave me a kiss. I like that this is reusable, and they suggest to get a new one with each toothbrush. I think this will be a new custom for him in our household. 


Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

$12.59

This razor alone makes this box worth the cost. Razors are always so expensive, and this one is brand new, so that makes the price go up too. My boyfriend really liked the close shave this gave him. He says that the ball gives the blade a motion he's never seen before, which really helped the blade contour to his face. I did notice that the blade did actually give him a knick, but that tends to always happen with your first use. It is nice, but my boyfriend says he wouldn't buy it for the price. This would be a timesaver item, though.  






Dove Men + Care Oxygen Charge Shampoo

$5.99 - 25.4 oz                    

My boyfriend wasn't too excited about this item. He tends to not really pay attention to what goes on in the shower, because he is normally still half asleep. I did see that his hair was a little bouncier, and it smelled great. He did like the smell too. I wish this was a two-in-one product or came with a conditioner, because he definitely needs something after shampoo to soften those locks. I think he might recognize this in the store and purchase it on a later date. 



Axe Styling Messy Look Gel

$6.29 - 6 oz                   

My boyfriend doesn't normally do anything with his hair and only has one hair product, so I thought it was funny when I saw that this is the exact same product he already has. This is a good thing, because I know he will use this. He really likes how this clay-like hair gel holds his hair without making it crunchy or shiny. Also, when it wears down throughout the day, you only need a little bit of water to reset your look. I like this travel size container, because now he has one to pack up with him when we go on trips. 





Axe Styling Spiked Up Extra Hold Gel

$6.29 - 6 oz             

This is a new hair product for him to try out, and unfortunately, he didn't like it as much. This one definitely has a stronger hold, but with the stronger hold comes crunchier and greasier hair. He doesn't really do a spiked up look, so this item isn't really for him. He does like how it smells, though, and I agree. This really makes him smell more masculine, even if it reminds me of my high school days a little. 



I am really happy with this box, and so is my boyfriend. There is only one item that he does  really care about, but it will probably end up using it. This box cost $5 and I estimate it to be worth $18.86. That is a little more than Target estimated, but I'm happier with my number. This was well worth the price to me also, because it was so much fun to see my boyfriend go through each product and help me critique them. It was really cute and a fun bonding moment. 



I will always get the additional boy's Target Box when it is available. The value is always good, and my boyfriend was happy use all the products. I hope that Target continues to do this in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment