Saturday, November 21, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag November 2015 Review - Beauty Blast

My Ipsy bag is here for the month of November, and I hope like always that it has a ton of great products and new brand for my to sample. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that includes five beauty samples and full size items in a different themed makeup bag. It is only $10 a month and always has a value well over the cost, so it is really a no brainer for me. If you want a makeup heavy subscription that contains a wide range of beauty products, this is definitely for you. I can't wait to see what they have in store for me this month. 


This month's theme is Beauty Blast. The products in this month's glam bag will get us ready to light up the sky. I don't ever expect the product to go along with the theme, because they really never do. Even though that may be the case, I love the pattern of this bag. I have a favorite pair of workout pants in this print, and they always make me smile. I've been receiving Ipsy for a while, and even though the print and fabric are all a little different, these bags are always the same size and shape. It would be nice if they switched it up a little bit. I could honestly use them so much more often if they were different sizes. 


This month's bag feels a little light, except the one large item. That isn't always a bad thing, though. Sometimes the smaller products have the largest value and are my favorites in the bag. I see a few items that I'm really excited to try and a few others that I've never seen before. I can't wait to dig into each of these products and really see what they are all about. 


Novex Haircare Brazilian Keratin Deep Conditioning Treatment

$6.99 - 7.4 oz   ($3.31 Value)

This product is a number one seller in Brazil, but I do not have Brazilian hair, so I wasn't sure how this would work for me. I deep conditioner my hair about once a week to keep it full of moisture, so this product is something that I would normally use. My hair was a little tangly to brush through after using this product, but it dried really soft and full of moisture. 
I don't exactly love the smell. It almost smells like a mixture of chemicals, but with a mix of sweet floral. It's not the worst smell in the world, though. I like this product, but it's not the best deep conditioner I've ever tried, so I won't be purchasing this full size item. 


Jelly Pong Pong Liquid Gossamer

$22.95 - 0.27 oz   (Full Size!)

First of all, it is so nice to have a great value full size product in this month's box. This product alone already makes this month's bag worth twice the price. While I do use blush and bronzer, I don't really tend to use a highlighter. That is mainly because I don't like to over do it with makeup, and I don't always have a lot of time to sculpt my face. This gossamer not only works really well, but it also looks pretty natural. Also, it is super easy to use. I love how it gives me a glossy, fresh faced look, but I still look like me. I could totally use this when I don't have much time to get ready, but I will definitely use this when I want to give myself a more glamours or fresh look. 


Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara

$20.00 - 0.38 oz   ($7.37 Value)

Everyone is in love with smashbox products, and while I haven't found something that I absolutely love, this mascara is definitely one of the best I've ever tried. While it isn't my favorite mascara ever, this has to be top three. It lengthens, volumizes, and separates perfectly. Also, it doesn't ever fall or flake. That is really important to me, especially since I work long hours, and I don't like it when my eyes become raccoons by the end of the day. This is also a pretty great sample size that will last me at least a month. This is my favorite sample of this month, and I could definitely see myself purchasing the full size item. The price is pretty reasonable too.  


INSPR Beauty Classic Pressed Eye Shadow in Carnival

$13.00 - 0.05 oz   (Full Value!)

This is yet again another full size item in this month's makeup bag. It is crazy to receive two full size items in a $10 box. And, these two items aren't cheap brands either. This color is a dark taupe with both gray and purple hues so it is really interesting. I personally don't wear this dark of a color anywhere but in my crease, so this isn't the perfect color for me, but other than that, it is so pretty. This formula is great too. It is highly pigmented and the pressed shadow makes it easy to create a light or dark color. This is a new makeup brand for me, and I would be interested in seeing what else they have to offer. 


tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Chile Red

$28.00 - color and balm   ($5.60 Value)

This is a great red, probably the best red I've ever tried, and this even looks great with my pinky skin tone. I really like the tre'StiQue brand, and their containers are the cutest. The original product comes with a matte lipstick on one side and a shiny tinted balm on the other. While I love this tinted lip color, I have always been one to go with moisture. My lips are normally so dry, and lipstick without moisturizer just dries them out more. There isn't a single color that looks good on cracked lips. In order to use this product, I will just have to apply moisturizer underneath, but I would have really liked to sample the tinted moisturizer with this matte lipstick also. 


While I really like this month's theme and bag, the products inside weren't any of my favorites, but I did really enjoy a few. That mascara is my favorite, and the highlighter, deep conditioner, and lip crayon will definitely get used. The eyeshadow isn't my favorite, but I will use it once in a while. This month's bag is worth $52.23, and that doesn't even include the cost of the makeup bag itself. For only spending $10, that is really a great value. Ipsy definitely doesn't bring me the best products suited for me all the time, but I always find something that I love each month. Also, the value is so worth the cost. 


If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you could be on the road to discovering new beauty products and brands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment