Thursday, November 12, 2015

Birchbox November 2015 Review - Glam Life Guru

Birchbox was my very first subscription box of all time, and I have to say one of my favorites. This particular box is a monthly beauty box that contains five items, mostly samples, of higher end brands for only $10 a month. I feel like the samples always fit me pretty well, and I love the brands they offer. Also, you can choose a curated box of the month or pick from one of their samples. That way the box is a little more special each month. I can't wait to try out my samples this month. 


Since I chose the curated box this month, my box design is different from most others. I was really bummed about that, because this month's box is really cute. On the other hand, I really like the simplicity and classic look to this box. I feel like it is so classic, it will be easy to set out and blend in with my interior style. I also like the touch of pink to make it just a little girly. I really like this design, and I can see myself using this in the future for sure. 


This month's curated box was put together by Tati, a beauty blogger and youtube beauty guru for Glam Life. She also helped put together Birchbox's first line of makeup and helped pick out the formula and colors for this line of LOC. I've never heard of her before, but since this box, and I really interested in checking her out. I chose this box mainly for all the products. I knew they would all be something I'd use, and I prefer skin care products in my subscription boxes. Even though I know what is inside, I am excited to try out each sample, and hopefully fall in love with some new products. 


Living Proof. Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo

$22.00 - 4 fl oz   ($9.90 Value)

I use dry shampoo at least three times a week, and I have yet to find one that I absolutely love. They either don't work that well, leave a white residue, or costs too much. Unlike a lot of dry shampoos, this doesn't only soak up oils in your hair, but sweat and odor. Plus, it smells really great, which leaves my hair smelling fresh and newly washed with a little bit of perfume. While this does a really great job of soaking up all access oils to give my hair the freshly washed look, it does leave a white residue. Even after I try to rub it all in. I also don't like how it makes my hair feel grimy. While I don't love this dry shampoo, I will definitely use it all up. This will be the perfect product to use when I want to create some major volume with my second day hair. 


Shiseido ULTIMUNE EYE Power Infusing Eye Concentrate

$65.00 - 15 ml   ($21.67 Value)

Eye serum is a must in my daily beauty routine, so this sample is already perfect for me. This product will strengthen skin's immunity and protect agains all environmental stressors that leads to visible signs of aging. When I used this, I could definitely feel it working, but I have yet to see any noticeable differences. I like that they recommend wearing this both day and night, and since I already have night creams, I will be happy to wear this all day, every day. While it does protect against any new lines or dark spots, this doesn't say it will take away imperfections that are already there. I will be happy to protect what is to come, though. This is a great deluxe sample that will last me forever, which is great because I can't see myself spending that much on the full size item. 


Jouer Lip Enhancer

$16.00 - 0.33 fl oz   ($7.27 Value)

Jouer is a brand that I've tried and loved in the past, so this tinted lip balm that improves the look of your lips is right up my alley. I really wanted to love this lip enhancer, but overall I think it is just average. I really like the pink sheen and how it makes my lips appear fuller and free of fine lines, but it isn't as moisturizing as I would like from a lip balm, and the gloss formula makes my lips really sticky and difficult to rub together. I will definitely use this deluxe sample, but I won't be purchasing this product again. It's too bad, because I could really use a product like this. 


LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in Day Trip

$25.00 - 0.05 oz   ($8.33 Value)

While I would prefer their matte lip color, this eyeshadow came with this month's curated box. I didn't think I would like or use it, but to my surprise, I really enjoyed this product, and the color works perfectly with my skin tone. I like that you can keep this really sheer, or you can layer it on and thicken it up. Also, it is so blendable, but once it sets, it doesn't budget. At. All. I really like that Birchbox is creating their own line, and I think they've really learned from others, because this product rocks. I am interested in trying out some of their other products from this line, and I can't wait to see what else they come out with in the future. I am also digging the pricing and the full size item.


Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum

$36.00 - 1.01 fl oz   ($3.56 Value)

I've always thought Avene was such a high end, quality brand, and this serum proves it to me once again. It is the perfect thickness, and glides nicely over my face. This serum uses thermal spring water to really lock in moisture, and it also helps the effectiveness of any moisturizer afterwards. To be honest, when I used this serum on my clean face, it was so hydrating I forgot to apply face moisturizer afterwards. I could also see a nice glow to my face after using this product. I am really enjoying this sample, but I probably won't purchase the full size item. It just isn't something I need for that price. Also, I rather have a serum to perfect skin's impurities instead.  


While I didn't love most of the products as much as I thought I would, this box was perfect for me. The eye serum, moisture face serum, dry shampoo, and tinted lip balm are all items that I lust over. Even those these weren't all my favorite formulas, they were still great to try, and I will use these samples up. The item that I wasn't that excited about ended up being one of my favorites. This eyeshadow stick works perfectly, and I will definitely get many uses out of it. This box is worth $50.73. That is insane for Birchbox and well worth the $10 I spent. Additionally, after I review these products, I will get $5 to spend in the Birchbox shop. I really like this box, and I am glad I went with the curated one this time.  


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift for your friend, mother, sister, or even for yourself. Also, by using this link, you'll receive $5 off your first box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment