Sunday, November 15, 2015

Target Beauty Box October 2015 Review

While I already love everything about Target, they found a way to make me even happier. Now, every month, Target comes out with a beauty box full of both full size and sample size items. And while you'd think these would be your normal drugstore brands, target continues to impress me with new, all natural, and higher end brands. Each box is priced differently depending on the value, but there has yet to be one over $10. This one did cost $10, but with a great value. I already know what is inside, but I can't wait to try out each of these products. 



Each box comes with a card that describes the product. Most of them are self explanatory, but this card helps to really understand each product, and also to get a sense of their ingredients. In addition to the card, each box comes with a coupon for $3 off $15 spent in the beauty department. That is really easy to spend on items you will always need, so this is a great value addition.  



Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter

$17.99 - 8 oz   ($2.25 Value)

I have heard of this brand before, but I've never tried anything from their line. This ultra rich body lotion contains all natural ingredients and is the perfect weight for fall. It is definitely on the thicker side, but still light enough to wear as an everyday lotion. This seriously quenches my dry skin, and leaves it hydrated for hours. This does have a smell, but it isn't the best. I do like that there isn't an artificial smell, but I do wish it was something pleasant instead of being on the gross side. Besides the smell, I do really like this lotion, and I'd really be interested in trying more products from their line. 



$4.49 - 5 oz   ($0.67 Value)

Even though this is just toothpaste, this is one of the items that I was most excited to try. I really like the idea of all natural ingredients in your mouth, and I also like that this toothpaste isn't sweetened with sugar. Seriously, some toothpaste contains sugar. This wasn't as great at freshening breath as I hoped, but it did a great job cleaning my teeth. I also really liked the mojito flavor. It was something new I've never tried before, tasted pretty good, and still was refreshing. I don't even mind this small size, because I am always needing toothpaste on the go, and this is the perfect size for travel. I'd really like to try some of their other flavors. 



$13.99 - 60 count   ($0.47 Value)

This was a really fun product to try, and something completely new to me. These gummy vitamins taste like grapefruit, which was actually pretty tasty, and are full of nutrients that promote healthy eyes, skin, and hair. While my hair is already pretty healthy, I could totally get down with a vitamin that will specifically improve my skin and eyes. This sample wasn't really enough to see any improvements, but I was still nice to try out the taste. I also really like the gummy, because swallowing tablets makes me gag. This was a fun sample, and I would be interested in trying out the full size product. 



$9.99 - 8 oz   ($1.25 Value)

The Acure brand has become a recent favorite, so I was stoked to see their shampoo in this month's box. Acure's products are all organic, and their ingredients are well thought out. This shampoo contains argan oil, which provides moisture and will leave your hair soft and manageable. This product didn't have the best lather, and the formula is a little thicker, so it is hard to spread it across your entire head. Besides that, it really cleaned my hair well, and I could definitely see the difference after one use. I don't know if I'd buy this full size item, but I am really enjoying this sample. 



$9.99 - 8 oz   ($1.25 Value)

This conditioner contains argan oil just like the shampoo, and I can really see how well it moisturizes my hair. I do think my hair is a little more difficult to brush out after using this compared to the majority of my conditioners, but once brushed out, my hair was softer than ever. This smells really nice and fresh too, and it stays with your hair all day. Besides having to use a lot of the sample in one use to cover my entire head, I really like this sample. Again, I probably won't be purchasing this full size product, but I will get the most out of this sample. 



Hair ties seem like a freebie to me because one, I have so many, and two they are they just come and go from friends or teammates. While I wasn't instantly excited about this item, because I tend to use ribbon elastics as of late, these silicone lined hair ties really secure a ponytail. That makes these perfect for a tight pony when you really need it to stay in place. I've been using this while working out, and my hair stays tight and out of my face. I really wouldn't wear these otherwise, but they are now my go to when I'm heading to the gym. 



$6.99 - 0.034 fl oz   (Full Size)

I feel like I get an eyeliner is basically every single subscription box ever, and that totally sucks, because I rarely wear any. While I won't use this that often, I did like how easy it was to apply, how smooth it went on, and how it didn't budge. I normally use a pencil eyeliner, but this gel formula made it so much easier to apply and to achieve a straight line. I also like this very black color. I think this is a great drug store eyeliner, and would go with it in the future, but I don't think I will ever need to purchase one. Ever. 





$8.59 - 0.09 oz   (Full Size)

Not only do I really like this color, the name is so great. I really like a moisturizing lip color with lasting power, and this Color Stay formula matches both of those requirements. While I don't usually like wearing lipstick, because it looks too unnatural, this pink is the perfect amount of color without being too much. Also, it goes really well with my skin tone. This lipstick is a great addition to this month's beauty box, and I love that it is a full size item. 



$19.99 - 1 fl oz   (Full Size)

I am all about getting rid of those deep wrinkles, and this night cream is loved by so many dermatologists, beauty gurus, and everyday people. I've never given it a shot, because the price is a little steep, so I am so excited to try this out. I applied this on my clean face and in the morning I could already see a small difference. I could even feel it working. This is such a great product, and the value is insane. I only paid $10 for this box, so this product alone doubles the value. Great addition, and I am so happy I received this in my box. 






$22.49 - 4.75 oz   ($0.24 Value)

This is only three ingredients, so it is a little crazy that it is so expensive, but this organic formula works so well and makes my skin looking and feeling amazing. By rubbing this on damp skin, it cleaned my face so well, and left it hydrated and exfoliated. I also feel like it left my skin with less imperfections. Even though this sample is quite small, I still was able to get two uses out of it. Also, I feel great using all natural, pure, and organic ingredients. If this weren't this expensive, I would buy it right away, but since it is a little pricey I might just wait a little before I can't take it any longer. Great product, and I am happy to have been able to sample it from this month's box. 


Overall, this was a great box this month. It was a more expensive box to begin with ($10) but the value was great. I loved basically every item, and I was able to try out some new brands that I will continue to buy. That sea salt exfoliant, wrinkle cream, and shampoo and conditioner are so great. Also, Hello, Olly, and Skinfix were all fun brands to try. I estimate this box to be worth $42.55. That is a really great value for the price. There are three full size items too. That makes the box well worth it to me. The wrinkle cream alone makes up for the price. This is one of the better Target Beauty Boxes, and I hope that there are more to come. 


Target releases these boxes about every month, and they sell out quickly. So, if you want to snag one, you really have to keep an eye out. They are a great value, and such a cheap price!

No comments:

Post a Comment