Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ipsy Glambag May 2016 Review - Destination Chic

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of May and I am really excited to see the new makeup bag, theme, and beauty products in store for me. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five beauty samples and full size products in a makeup bag for only $10 a month. This subscription has been very exciting and very disappointing in the past, so while I am really excited to see what is inside, I am hoping that the products inside will be great for me. Either way, the value is usually great, so I know that the products will at least be worth the cost. 


This time of the year, I feel like every subscription box has this theme. Now that it is warmer out, everyone is traveling, going outdoors, and exploring, so I understand why. Ipsy products tend to not go with the theme that well, but since these will probably all be samples, they would be perfect for travel, so that already works. I really like this month's bag and the new snap closure is really cool. I like all the famous monuments from all around the world, and it really inspires me to get out and explore. It is a little weird that the card is vintage and the bag is bright and girly, so they don't go together at all, but the card itself can be a postcard, which is cool and unique. 


This month's bag is pretty light, and the products seem pretty small, but I know that doesn't exactly judge the value. I do see a wide range of products, so that makes me happy, and I really can't wait to try them all out. It is looking like a great bag already. 



Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow Trio in Crush, Skinny Dip, and Lovely

$12.00 - 0.1 oz    ($8.40 Value)

I love this brand, and I already own a few of their eye shadow palettes. They are always my go to colors, and I love their medium pigmentation. This trio palette isn't exactly full size, but pretty darn close, and since I've never actually gone through an entire eye shadow pan, I am alright with this deluxe sample. These colors are a little darker than I expected from first glance, and that purple, warm tone is just a little too dark for me. Otherwise, I really like the brass and the tan color, which will work perfectly once I get a tan. I really like this product, but it won't be a go to like my others. 



Hanalei Lip Treatment

$25.00 - 15 g    ($8.33 Value)

I am pretty excited about this product, because it is really high end, it is made from natural ingredients, and my lips are always really dry, so this will be put to great use. Ingredients like nut oil, agave, and grapeseed oil smooth and moisturize your lips, but also helps contain the moisture so your lips don't dry out quickly afterwards. After my first use, I wasn't too thrilled with this product at all. It tastes really weird, which sucks since you're going to eventually get some in your mouth being on your lips. Also, it seems to be just a glorified petroleum jelly. I expected more out of a product that is high end and on the expensive side. This was a miss for me, but since it is so practical, I will use it up eventually. 



Trissola Chia Smoothing Oil

$26.00 - 2 oz    ($6.50 Value)

My hair is already fine and flat without much texture, so this smoothing oil just doesn't make since for me. This product was created to help with manageability and shine, but for me, it just makes my hair look a little greasy. I think I would be able to put this on my ends as a treatment and wash it off in the morning. Otherwise, I don't think I would ever use this. This is a quarter of the regular size, so it is a good enough sample size, and this would last anyone a while. I am a little bummed about this product, but I know others will love it. I just wish I received a volumizer or deep conditioner instead. 



Smashbox X-Rated Mascara

$22.00 - 0.3 fl oz    ($7.33 Value)

Everyone absolutely loves Smashbox, and I can say that I am a part of that crowd. One of their mascaras is already a favorite of mine, so I know this mascara is going to be nice. I can't believe how great this makes my lashes look. It separates my lashes, but still creates major volume and drama. I usually layer mascaras, but with this product I can only use this. I would totally bring this along with me on a trip since it is already small, and I wouldn't have to bring an additional makeup product. This is my favorite sample of the box, and I am glad I got a chance to try this out. 



Glamour Dolls Blending Brush #10 Sperm Whale Edition  

$3.99

I really enjoy how Ipsy delivers both beauty products and tools in their subscription boxes. I use some of the brushes I've received from Ipsy almost every single day. This is actually a type of brush that I already have, and the brush itself isn't the best quality, but I have to say, those whales are super cute, and I could see myself happier while getting ready just by using this. The bristles are super soft and medium packed, so this would be a great brush to use to smudge. I really like this brush, but it isn't the best one I've ever received, but I will still use it anyways. In the future I am hoping for an eyebrow brush or a all over powder brush. 


Once again, this box was the middle of the road for me. The mascara is the only product that I absolutely loved, but the eye shadow and brush were nice. The lip treatment kinda sucked, especially for the price, and hair oil just isn't for me and my hair type. Another plus, though, that makeup bag is really fun, and it is one of my all time favorites I've received from them. This month's bag has a value of $34.55. That is actually on the lower side for Ipsy, but it is still great for only spending $10. This month's bag wasn't a win, but since last month's was, I am going to continue with my subscription until it seems unfit.  


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different brands and products for a reasonable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment