Sunday, May 15, 2016

PopSugar Must Have May 2016 Review

Yea! My PopSugar Must have box has arrived for the month of May, and while I don't know everything inside, I've seen the inspirational words and a spoiler and so far it's really exciting. PopSugar is a subscription box that delivers the best and most popular in beauty, fashion, home decor, books, fitness, and food. I like the wide range of products, and the new discoveries I recieve in each box. They also have a slight theme that you can see throughout, which adds to the fun. It is a little pricier at $39.95 a month, but the value is always over $100, so it is well worth the cost. I can't wait to see what is inside. 


This month's inspirational words are fitness, relaxation, health, hydration, yoga, and deep breaths. Every single of of those appeal to me, so I have a feeling that this is going to be a great box. I really enjoy going strong and getting in shape, but I also have to reserve time to relax and take care of my body. I am hoping for a new water bottle, a at home spa product, and a new yoga tool or video. I think it's going to be all great with or without those guesses though.



Bluma Project Capri Bracelets

$44.00

While I do like the meaning and purpose behind these and that they are handmade, but these aren't really my style. They are super cute, though, and I love the colors. They are perfect for Spring/Summer, and I could see these pairing well with a summer dress or a tank and pair of shorts. They are pretty small, so I could see these not fitting everyones wrist, and they are stretchy so I could see them breaking easily. I do like other bracelets on their site that are more my style, though, so I might have to check out the site later. These aren't my favorite item, especially since I don't think I'd ever wear them, but I can see how many other people would absolutely love the pair. I'll just regift or pass these along to one of my friends. 



Happy Spritz Breath Deeply

$25.00 - 3.4 oz 

While aromatherapy is a new fad, I've been using it for years, and have found it to work great as a natural remedy for so many ailments. This not only works perfectly with so many of the inspirational words, but it is also something that I am super excited about and would never expect to receive in this subscription box. This spritz contains peppermint and eucalyptus which sooth, stimulate, refresh, and cool. I like that this can be used when you're immunity is low and you feel a cold coming, or if you need a pick me up while falling asleep at your work desk or when you need a little help to push through a workout. This is a great product, and something I will use a lot. I have a spritz of lavender for my pillow when I am having difficulties falling asleep, and it works every single time. What a great product, and the packaging is great too. Love it!



Spongelle Spongology Body Buffer 

$20.00 - 4 oz

We've actually received a sponge from this brand from a box about a year ago, and I received one recently from BoxyCharm. While this may seem like overlap and boring, but it is actually a great thing. I've loved both of the products from the past. They all smell amazing, the sponge does a great job to buff your skin, and they are so simple and practical. Out of the three, this one smells the least amazing, but the sponge itself is the one I am most excited for. The color and shape is so natural and classic, but it has larger pores to really buff out your skin. These claim to last at least 20 washes, but they really last much longer. I've used ones in the past for at least three months. I can't wait to throw this in the shower and use it over and over again. This product will definitely help you relax in a long bath or clean off after an intense yoga session. 



Gaiam Foldable Yoga Mat

$24.98

I am super pumped about this product. I know that they sometimes have fitness items, and they really aren't often enough or that practical. This product, on the other hand, is perfect. I use a yoga mat all the time, and mine is crumbling apart, since it was pretty cheap. This mat has a lifetime guarantee, so I know it won't fall apart all over my carpet, and the folding ability allows you to store it in smaller places. This is finally a yoga mat that you can pack into an overnight bag or throw into a backpack. Sometimes, it is nice to not have to carry around a big log. I am really happy with this mat, and I know I will use it so often. This is a great addition and possibly my favorite in the whole box. Also, this will help with fitness, relaxation, health, deep breathes, and yoga itself. 


Kocostar Foot Therapy 

$10.00 - 1.35 fl oz

While this may be a cheaper item, I am so pumped about this product, and seriously can't wait to try it out. I've always had problems with my feet, and they are constantly sore and itchy. Let's not even get started with the calluses. This is like a sheet mask for your feet, and they are little booties that you wear for an hour and a half while you rest or watch tv. The ingredients like castor oil, dandelion leaf, and lactic acid soften up calluses and hydrates skin. I used this last night, and my feet look and feel great. It wasn't a huge difference, but I am much more willing to take off my socks and put on some sandals, which is perfect now that the weather is warming up. It did kinda hurt while it was in the solution, but not that badly, and I could see myself purchasing more of these in the future. What a great way to treat yourself and get ready for spring all at the same time. 




$2.49 - 1.6 oz

I absolutely love clean snack bars that are more chewy than crunch, and this is all of the above. It reminds me of my favorite Cliff bar, and it is both filing and satisfying. Since these are gluten free, dairy free, and all natural, I don't feel so bad eating them. Also, the whole bar is less than 200 calories, so I don't feel terrible about eating the whole thing. I really enjoyed the food product for this month, and I feel pretty healthy after eating it. Plus, there is a ton of protein, so this would be a great pre or post workout snack. 




$8.99 - 0.28 fl oz

This is listed as a special extra, so I am already happy about receiving a full size beauty product as an item that doesn't even go against the cost of the box. This mascara promises to create mega volume while still lengthening lashes. I've tried other mascara products from this brand, and I liked them well enough, so I think that I am really going to enjoy this mascara, especially since I really try to achieve both of those things. I really like the packaging too. The blue top is pretty cool, and I like that the brush matches. Pretty cool. 




$1.69 - 16 fl oz

This drink is a pretty cool concept, and I am really excited about being able to try it out. This water is all natural, and is basically water with just a caffeine and flavor additive. I know that most people wouldn't really care for the lemon and cayenne flavors, but that is totally up my alley. The flavor is really light, but it really is as much as you'd want. Also, since there is the same amount of caffeine in here than a cup of coffee, this would be a great alternative when I don't especially feel like a cup of coffee, or I want to hydrate but still want the energy kick. I think this would be a great pre workout drink or something to sip while at the beach or at the park. I really enjoy this special extra and would totally pick up another bottle if I ever see it in the store.  




$10 Gift Card

Usually their gift cards have a larger value, but this is a nice little addition and fun extra in the box. I've been checking out their website, and I really like all the homemade gifts from stationary to blankets, clothing, and children's toys. I am really interested in their natural beauty products too. Unfortunately, the only item for $10 or under is sold out, so you'll have to fork out some of your own money, but that could help cover half the cost. I might buy myself a mug or a chapstick, or maybe find a gift my my niece or nephew. 



I absolutely love this month's box. I don't think I've liked a single subscription box more. The yoga mat, aromatherapy spritz, body buffer, foot therapy, mascara, snack bar, and caffeinated water are all a hit. The gift card is fun too. The bracelets aren't my favorite, and it is the only product that I won't use all the time, but they are still pretty, and I like the good cause. This month's box has a value of $147.15. That is insane for a $40 box, and since I really like mostly all the products, I will get full use of that value. I don't know if PopSugar will ever be able to do this again, but I am really happy with this subscription, and I am excited to see what they have in store for the months to come. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great value and is a great way to treat yourself or someone you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment