Friday, May 27, 2016

BoxyCharm May 2016 Review - Spring Vibes

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of May, and I am hoping for some beauty products that are light, pastel, and will get me ready for Spring. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four full (but mostly five, sometimes even six) full size beauty products to your door for only $21 a box. The value of this box is usually over $100, which blows my mind every single time, and I am always finding products that I love. This box is a great way to build up your beauty collection at a small price, or a fun way to treat yourself or anyone you love to cheap gift.


This month’s theme is Spring Vibes. Not only are BoxyCharm’s products on point, but they also do a great job with the theme. Not only are their theme perfectly thought out, but the products go perfectly along. Spring Vibes is a little too typical, but I know that these products will be the perfect variety to get you, your face, and your skin ready for spring. I am hoping for a great skin product, some light makeup, and possibly a tanning or SPF product. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for me this month.



Makeup Geek Blush in XOXO

$15.00 - 0.15 oz

Alright, I saw the Makeup Geek product, and knew everyone in the world was freaking out except me. While I do like these products, it isn’t my absolute favorite brand, and I prefer less pigmented shades that don’t stand out as much. I am really happy that this is a full size container though, and that I don’t have to purchase a case to put it in since it already has one of it’s own. Also, this shade is very pretty and reminds me of Spring. It isn’t a color that I would’ve picked out on my own, but I really enjoy it, and could possibly see myself wearing more often than I think. I may be slowly changing my mind about this brand, but at least I know everyone else in the world is so excited to receive it right off the bat.




$10.50 - 0.5 fl oz

I used to hate receiving nail polishes in my subscription boxes, but recently I’ve been really enjoying the new shades. Also, since I don’t normally buy new colors that often, this is a way to try out new shades without spending a whole lot of cash. For this color in particular, I am a little bummed. This mint color is a little dated, and I don’t really foresee myself wearing a light bluish green on my nails at all. The packaging is cute though, and I may change my mind in the future. So, this will go in the closet like the rest of my nail polishes. I hope others really enjoy it.




$20.00 - 0.169 fl oz

Yea! I received a brow gel in a BoxyCharm about a year ago, and I used it up pretty quickly. I have tinted brow gels so I felt like I couldn’t purchase another, but I liked using that with my eyebrow pencils. This particular brow gel is a lot stronger than the other one they’ve sent us, yet it still doesn’t leave your eyebrows looking wet or crusty. I put this on in the morning, and by evening I could still feel it in my eyebrow. Also, the brand name is really cute. I am super happy with this product, and I know I will use it right up like the last.




$19.50

First of all, Starlooks isn’t one of my favorite brands. I’ve received a few products of theirs through BoxyCharm, and they’ve never fully appealed to me. I’ve use their eye shadow and eyeliner, but there are always colors and formulas that I like more. This lip liner is a BoxyCharm exclusive, which is cool, but it pretty much stops there. This mauve color is a little dated and matronly, and since I rarely use lip liner, I know that this will never get used. I am sure many other subscribers will love this product, but it just isn’t for me.




$21.00 - 0.02 oz

I am usually so bummed about receiving eyeliner in my subscription boxes, but they are usually black and not the best formula. I wear black eyeliner very rarely, since it is too dark for my complexion and my normal makeup look. Colored eyeliner, on the other hand, brings a flash of fun to my face, and blue in particular compliments my eyes. I have two other blue eyeliners, but neither of them are this cool of a shade. This is a deep, denim blue, with just a touch of green. Also, it is duel ended, so you can choose between the liquid or the pencil sides depending on what kind of look you’re going for. I am really excited about this color and this product, and I will have to try it out as soon as possible. Just by wearing it on my hand when sampling, I can tell this is pretty long lasting.



$20.00 - 0.3 fl oz

I am one of those people that really enjoy perfume samples or deluxe bottles in my subscription boxes, so I am super excited about this product. I received one of the scents from this brand in a BoxyCharm from a few month’s ago, and I think it is the perfect weekend day scent. Therefore, I have been wearing it to every single brunch date I’ve had since. This is another scent I would consider to be daytime, but it could easily work for a night, as long as you’re not trying to be sexy. This has scents of jasmine  rose, and violet with undertones of . This has quickly become one of my favorite scents of spring, and I could see myself wearing this all summer long. It brings a little joy to catch of whiff throughout the day.


Overall, this box was pretty great, but not one of the best. I am in love with the perfume, eyeliner, and brow gel. They will all be used by me frequently. The blush is really nice, and a great quality, but the color is just a little too bright for me, and I prefer colors that are less pigmented. I really like the branding of the nail polish, but the color isn’t my favorite, and the lipliner is an absolute bust. This month has a value of $106. That is actually a little low for BoxyCharm, but still insane, sicne I only paid $21. Even not loving three of the six items, this box is well worth the price. Also, for the items that I don’t love, they would make great gifts to any of my girl friends.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different products and brands at an affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment