Saturday, December 10, 2016

BoxyCharm November 2016 Review - Groovy Town

Yes! My BoxyCharm box has arrived for the month of November, and since Fall and holiday boxes are the absolute best, I have a feeling this one is going to be great. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five and sometimes six) full size beauty products to your door for only $21. They usually have a value over $100, so it is well worth the cost, and so many of the products are must haves, in my opinion. They range from hair, nails, body, face, and makeup. I love this box, because it is such a great value, but it also is stocked full of great brands and products. I can’t wait to see what is inside.


This month’s theme is Groovy Town. I think fall colors are pretty groovy and retro, so I know that the tone will be on point. Also, I think this theme is perfect for not being too obvious with the theme (fall or holiday), but still matching the feeling and the colors of this month. BoxyCharm does a really great job of matching their products with their theme as well. I know other subscription boxes have a hard time with this, and the theme has nothing to do with anything inside. I am hoping for a warm brown shadow palette or possibly a brown lipstick. I can’t wait to see what is inside.



Crown Brush C513 Pro Detail Crease

$12.99

I am used to receiving brushes in my BoxyCharm, but this one is really nice. I feel like many makeup experts and newbies alike will love this brush. The brush itself is beautiful and very well made. I also really enjoy the thumb grip in the handle, which gives it a little extra touch. This, for once, is a brush that I don’t have in my collection yet, but could really use, which is what I think everyone will appreciate. This doesn’t really go with the theme, but I guess brushes never would, and I hope we receive some eyeshadow in this box so we can really test it out. I am already loving this box.




$32.00 - 0.29 oz

I am someone who usually skips highlighting, because blush and bronzer are where I normally head first, but I won’t be able to resist with this beautiful vintage rosy pink that could be used as both a highlighter and a blush. It is such a classic and natural color, and the tint of orange will look great with my skin tone. Also, this is huge, I could see this lasting for years, but unfortunately much past it’s shelf life. This is a great color for fall, and it goes well with the theme, but seriously, I could wear this every single day of the year. I would love to try out more products from their brand as well.



bellapierre Cosmetics Kiss Proof Lip Creme in Antique Pink 

$20.00 - 0.13 oz

I don’t really care for liquid lipsticks, because they dry out my lips so much, but this formula is something I’ve never used before. It is just like a liquid lipstick that dries quickly and stays forever, but this left my lips fully moisturized. Now let’s talk about that color. This is another rosy pink, but at a darker hue, and the brown really makes the colors of fall pop. I could wear this with almost every single sweater in my closet, and this color can easily be dressed up and down. This is a great addition to this month’s box, and it is quite honestly one of the only liquid lipstick I will be wearing this fall. This would be a great color and formula for the holidays as well.




$49.95 - 0.45 oz

This is the second palette we’ve received from Studio Makeup, but unlike the last, this one has beautiful red and brown tones. Obviously, these colors are perfect for both that throwback outfit, but really any other fall and early winter day. Also, it has a great mixture of both shimmer and matte shades, so you can wear it really natural, or liven it up a little with some light glitter. I can’t go without mentioning, this palette is worth $50 with is more than double I paid on the box as a whole, so the value is great as well. I am already obsessed with this makeup palette, and I haven’t even really had a chance to explore the colors. This is an absolute win for me, and I can’t wait to wear it for fall holidays and gatherings. 



Skin Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen

$20.00 - 0.14 oz

We all have those deep lines and dark circles under our eyes, so this is a product we can all get around. This particular eye cream promises to minimize and eliminate puffiness, wrinkles, and dark circles with a blend of soothing ingredients. I am already a fan of Skyn products, and they’ve worked well for me in the past. Something like no other product I’ve tried before, I really like the application pen. This way you don’t have to touch your skin with your fingers. Also, it was extremely soothing from the first application. I will say, I’ve noticed my under eyes brightening with only a few uses, but I am waiting for those wrinkles to disappear. I love this product, and will be using it nightly until it’s gone.



Overall, I am really excited about this box. That palette is so great, and seriously something I can really use for every occasion all year round. I am also a big fan of that eye cream and highlighter. The brush is going to be used regularly, and that liquid lipstick is a great color. That really speaks for the whole box, though, and I completely feel the hippy vibe. This month’s box has a value of $134.94. I have no idea how they do it, since I only spent $21. Once again, BoxyCharm has blown me out of the water, and I can’t wait to see what else they have in store. I cannot imagine ever leaving this subscription.


If you would like to try Boxycharm for yourself, just click here. It also makes a great gift for any makeup lover in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment