Friday, February 24, 2017

BoxyCharm February 2017 Review - Would You Be My Galentine?



Yeah!! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of February, and I am hoping for some lovely items that will work great for those dressed up date nights and those movie weekend spa nights. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty products ranging from hair, skin, nails, and makeup. The boxes are curated based on a monthly theme and costs $21 each. They always have a value over $100, which surprises me every single time. I do love my fall subscription boxes, but a close second are Valentine’s Day boxes, so I have high hopes, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me this time.





This month’s theme is “Would You Be My Galentine?” I freaking love Galentine’s Day, because it is important to let your favorite girls that you love them, just as much as you love your significant other. Made famous by Leslie Knope, this holiday is celebrated the day before Valentine’s Day, and I plan on spending it with my girlfriends watching chick flicks while painting our nails and doing face masks. Because of that, I am hoping for a cute nail polish, preferably pink, and maybe a face mask or two. They do send both of those items once in a while, so it isn’t a stretch. We will see.








$79.00 -2 oz



OMG! You guys. This is a full size Dr. Brandt product, which are so expensive, and this product alone with worth almost four times the cost of the box. This exfoliator promises to refine the look of your skin’s texture and soften imperfections for a clearer, smoother, brighter, and more radiant complexion. With ingredients like lactic acid and oxide crystals, this product will gently whisk away dead skin cells. It will also diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Brandt products always promise to transform your skin, but the samples I’ve received in the past just aren’t large enough to notice a large difference. I am so stoked about this product, and I can’t wait to see some major improvements in my skin tone and texture. I wouldn’t mind watching those wrinkles disappear as well. This is a great start to this month’s box, and I will definitely use every last drop of this product.








$6.00 each – 0.064 oz    ($12.00 Value)



We’ve received Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans before, and since they’ve also sent us a magnetic palette, I am excited to fill it up. Makeup Geek is a recent fan favorite, and I understand why. The pigmentation is great, there isn’t fallout, and their colors are always on trend. These colors are unfortunately pretty basic. This taupe is something I have in a million palettes, and the rose is another color that is everywhere, and a color that I wouldn’t normally draw towards. I love receiving this single pans to fill up my palettes anyway I’d like, but I am a little unimpressed with these colors. Maybe I will be able to swap them out with some of my girlfriends. That being said, I think these colors work great with the theme.






$14.00



Well, look at this. I was just talking about how nice it was for BoxyCharm to previously send us a magnetic palette, and here is yet another to fill up. This magnetic palette is definitely smaller than the first, but it is much more sturdy, and both of those things make this great for travel. I am also a fan of the design. It looks like they took Z palette and BoxyCharms signature look and blended these together. Now that I have two magnetic palettes, I am excited to organize my colors a little better, but also probably purchase a few more. This will not be the best for my bank account. Also, that heart goes perfectly with the valentine’s theme.









$29.98



BoxyCharm sends us many tools and brushes along with the beauty products, which I really love, but I swear, I have so many eyeshadow brushes, I will never be able to use them all. This eye duo contains an allover eye brush with a very small detail brush. I think this duo is very practical, and you could really do an entire makeup look with these two brushes. They are both high quality, and the colors are fun and make them feel like they are expensive. Also, the bristles are soft and full. I may just put these in the front of my rotation, because I like them so much, but I’d really like if BoxyCharm mixed it up a little in the future. I will definitely be pulling this out with my girlfriends this Galentine’s Day.








$18.00 - 0.12 oz



I absolutely insist on having a moisturizing formula in my lip products, as my lips are always dry, and I cannot put color over cracked lips. This lipstick is super moisturizing, and I love putting it on my lips. I am not sold on this color, though. It is really pretty, but it pretty bold at the same time. I always try for a more natural look, so I am going to have to be brave to wear this. I could see how this would be an ideal color to wear for Galentine’s Day date night with your girls, or even with your man for the romantic holiday. I have never heard of this brand before, but I am a big fan already, and I would love to try out other products from their line. This is also a great color for a dark lip during these late winter months.





Overall, I am pretty happy with this box. That exfoliator brings up the value so much, and is a fan favorite, so I am happy to have a bottle of my own. Besides that product, these didn’t fit my personal Galentine’s Day, but I will definitely be using these products every other day this year. I really like those eyeshadows, and that magnetic palette will be the perfect place to store them and my others I already have. The lip color is nice as well, but I don’t know if it will be the first color I reach for out of a collection. The eye kit brush duo is something I am half excited for. I do not have a detail brush like that, but I have so many of the other eyeshadow brush. This month’s box has a value of $152.98. I always amazed at how they can put so much value in such an affordable box, but they do it month after month.




If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new products and brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment