Sunday, February 5, 2017

Target Beauty Box February 2017 Review - Hello Hydration

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of February, and because it’s the season of love and beauty, I am excited to see what is in store for me this month. Target Beauty Box isn’t exactly a subscription box, because you have to order them separately, but they do come out once a month and offer samples and full size products in beauty, so they are pretty darn close. I personally like this subscription box, because it delivers the newest and greatest of Target brand beauty product, but also gives you a little higher end brands and brand new brands mixed within. That was a mouthful. Anyways, this is one of my favorite boxes to receive every month, and this helps me stock up on travel sized products I love, so I can’t wait to see what’s inside. 


This month’s theme is Hello Hydration. Winter is so dry, and your hair and skin need some extra love this time of year, and these product will help you with those winter blues. I do love my fall boxes, but February to me screams beauty and treating yourself, so this month delivers some of my favorite subscription boxes. I think this is a better theme for January, and I was hoping for a more romantic curation, but I know these products will be well appreicated. Target always does a great job at collecting the best in drug store beauty, so I know I am going to get a lot of use from a lot of these items.




$3.49 – 0.34 fl oz    (Full Size!)

If you know me, you are aware I love masks of all shapes and sizes. At first I thought this was a sheet mask, but instead it is a one use peel off mask used to hydrate skin while removing all dead skin cells. This mask will also promote a balanced skin tone and removal of dark spots. I love what cucumber does to my face, so this mask is intriguing. Also, there is such a rewarding feel to peeling away dirt and dry skin, so peels are always my favorite. I’m excited to try this out, and since it is winter, and my skin is so dry this time of year so this will definitely come in handy. I might be saving this mask for Galentine’s Day!




$6.99 – 25 fl oz    ($0.56 Value)

I have never seen or heard of this brand before, but after doing some research, I am really intrigued. Their packaging is very nice and looks high end, and the products are all natural, which is something I tend to look for in product now. I really enjoy this scent, too, and I will be happy to reach for this in the shower. Not only are they ingredient conscious, but the ingredients are great for the products. The mango perks up your complexion, while the coconut soothes tired skin. Also, they donate and reuse recycled plastic. I am in love with this brand. This sample is quite large, so I will get a few uses out of the bottle, and it would be ideal to bring with you on a longer vacation. I am pretty happy with this product. 




$10.99 – 11.08 oz    ($0.99 Value)

I love receiving facial washes in my subscription boxes, because I not only use them every single day, but I like to sample many brands and products to see what works best with my face. This promises to smooth, purify, and clarify your skin with its natural super fruit ingredients. It will leave your skin feeling fresh and looking bright. I wasn’t expecting this to be a scrub, but I am pleasantly surprised. It does a good job of scrubbing away dirt and polishing my skin to leave it super clean and glowing. I really like this face wash, and even though it is a little pricey for what I would normally spend, this may be my new go to face wash.




$5.49 each – 13.6 oz    ($1.37 Value)

I have tried shampoo and conditioner from this brand before, and while I did like it enough, it isn’t a product I would ever purchase on my own. The scent wasn’t my favorite, and many other products do the same, if not better, and cleansing my hair that I would go to first. That being said, I do like these slightly more. The scent isn’t as strong and strange, and the added keratin helps repair damaged hair, so it does more than just clean and condition. I am still not in love with this brand or product, but I’d be much more likely to grab this line over their normal shampoo and conditioner. I will probably keep these for travel, which is one of the main reasons I love this box so much.




$15.99 – 5 towels    ($3.20 Value)

I know many of my friends that love using tanning towelettes, but I am a complete virgin with this concept. I live in a sunny part of the world, so I can get a sun burn in January if I’m not careful, so I am not usually one to grab self tanner, but I know that sun damage is not good for your skin (we all know this), and so it would be smart to instead turn to self tanning. These wipes are fast absorbing and can be used on your face and body. From the reviews, I know that people are happy with the natural color, and these towelettes are buildable. I am going to hold onto this until it is the first time I’ll be throwing on a tank top and shorts, because my skin hasn’t been exposed to the sun in a while, and I know it will be blinding while. I hope these work, but I will say, this is a weird time to receive this in February. Maybe this would work for you spring breakers.  




$21.99 – 0.23 oz    ($11.00 Value)

I am a pretty big fan of W3LL cosmetics, because I love their simplistic design, but also, all of their products are 100% cruelty-free, paraben free, and organic. They really care about their ingredients, which makes me really care about them. I have yet to try out this mascara, and I’ve heard mixed reviews, so I am really just interested in creating my own opinion. Like many of the reviews, my opinion is actually pretty mixed. This coverage is really light, so I had to add a few layers. Sometimes I just don’t have time for that, so this isn’t a mascara I would normally reach for. On the other hand, I like how this separated and gave me more of a natural look. Also, I am happy to use natural ingredients on my face. I don’t think I will purchase this in the future, but I will definitely be using this for those low key weekend looks.




$12.99 / $9.99 - 1.7 oz each    ($6.60)

I am really excited about these and probably the most excited about this product out of everything in this box. As you read above, I love face masks, and it is so nice to have a variety for different needs. Sometimes my skin is dry, flooded with acne, or dull, and I like options when reaching for my next face mask. I saw these advertised recently and instantly wanted to try, so I could not be happier one of each is in this box. First, Purify and Mattify removes impurities and oil. Second, Detoxify and Illuminate again captures deep impurities, energizes, and rebalances. Lastly, Exfoliate and Refine Pores removes dead skin cells and unclogs while tightening pores. Even though these are foil samples, there are three individual uses in these, which to me is the same as receiving three sheet masks. I can’t wait to try these out. Again, Galentine’s Day is going to be even greater with these.



Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. I feel like this Target Beauty Box went a little more higher end and natural, while still being able to bring me products I will love and use. All four of the face masks are great, and since they are individually sealed, I won’t have to worry about using them up too quickly. The face and body wash are great too. These are both new brands that I am excited about and hoping to explore more. I do like the mascara and shampoo/conditioner, but these aren’t products I would repurchase. I will still use them, though. I have yet to sample the towelette, but I am sure it will be great. This month’s box has a value of $27.21. That is pretty nice for a $10 box, but I'd wish it were a little more. This box could have easily cost $7, but since I am really happy with the products, I am alright with spending that money. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, keep an eye out the first / last Monday of the month. Get on early, because these boxes tend to sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment