Friday, February 24, 2017

Ipsy Glambag February 2017 Review - Much Love


Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of February, and since I love Valentine’s Day, February boxes are some of my favorites. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five full size and sample size beauty products to your door in a specially created makeup bag for only $10 a month. These range from hair, makeup, skin, and nails, and the value usually adds up to around $50. Ipsy is very makeup heavy, and doesn’t do the best job delivering me product that I love, but they do usually send me a few items I love, and the makeup bags are fun and so handy. Like I said before, this is the month of love, so I am hoping for some romantic items for both date nights out and in.





This month’s theme is “Much Love.” This month is all about those beauty items that you love as much as your favorite pair of blue jeans. I didn’t understand this bag design at first, but with that description, I can understand the denim fabric. Also, I can understand that feeling of love towards your favorite pair of jeans and your favorite beauty items that work perfectly for you. Since Ipsy isn’t the best at finding me the perfect items, I am a little worried they won’t get this right, but if they deliver fan favorites, I am sure I will get behind them. This isn’t the cutest bag, but the idea is really fun, so I have high hopes for these items.







$6.00 - 0.16 oz    (Full Size!)



I’ve received this exact lipstick in a previous Ipsy, but last time the lipstick was purple, so this color is much more wearable. First, I am really happy that this is a full size product. I never go through an entire lipstick, but I’d much rather receive a full size product over a tiny sample that I will just lose over time or never use. Second, I love this formula. I normally hate lipsticks, because they leave my lips so dry, and the application then looks crazy, but this is super hydrating. Also, I like that you can either buildup color or leave it a little light with one coat. This color is really pretty, and this will be perfect for my Valentine’s Day date night, so my wish came true. I really wouldn’t mind if I received another lipstick from this line either, Ipsy.







$12.00 - 1.8 g     (Full Size!)


I have pinkish skin, so this light pink highlighter is going to perfectly compliment my skin, and I am so excited! I don’t really get excited about this brand, and I wasn’t too excited about it after my first impression, but once I was able to try it out, I fell in love. I usually shy away from white highlighters, because they just look so unnatural, but this does a great job at both highlighting and looking natural. This is another full size item as well, which really adds to this boxes value, but this container isn’t very large. I know it will last forever, though, since it is a highlighter. I think this is a great Valentine’s Day product as well.







$25.00 – 8 g    ($2.19 Value)


Ugh! And the train stops here. This month’s Ipsy was doing so well, but then I received a bronzer in FEBRUARY! It is the end of winter, and my skin is now as pale as it gets, so a bronzer just looks so unnatural. I will say, though, this will come in handy once summer hits, and I love this formula. I am a big fan of matte powders, because shimmers on look unnatural, and this color has brown undertones, so you won’t look like an Oompa-Loompa. Also, this powder is on the creamy side, somehow, and I like how it blends. This is a sample, but there is quite a bit of product in there, and I will be able to go through it before it goes bad. This is a nice product, but it came at the completely wrong time. I’ll just hold onto this for later.







$18.00


Ipsy loves Luxie, and fortunately, I do too. This blush brush is really great quality, and the size is perfect for applying your blush or bronzer. I do already have a blush brush, but it doesn’t hurt to have another. This way I won’t have to wash them as frequently, or I can keep one for blush and one for bronzer. I’ve received quite a few of these pink Luxie brushes, so I’m really starting to make quite the collection. I like this for when I bring my brushes in public for travel or getting ready with my girls. I do like that Ipsy delivers beauty tools along with the rest of the products, because these are fun to try out and collect. Plus, they always push up the value of the bag. This solo brush actually costs more than the cost of the subscription. That is amazing.








$4.99 each – 0.88 oz    ($9.98 Value)


I love receiving sheet masks in my subscription boxes, and this twin pack is really cute. I have never heard of this brand before, but the packaging and names put me in a fun mood. The #StayGorgeous is packed with almond oil to soften and moisturize skin. #Iwokeuplikethis contains orange citrus with Vitamin C, that won’t just wake you up, but it will brighten your skin. I always get moisturizing sheet masks, which is nice, especially during these cold months, and don’t get me wrong, I will use them, but I am really excited about the citrus, brightening mask. To top it off, both masks are made with special biodegradable fiber that adheres to your face like no other. I think these will be perfect for Galentine’s Day, or while getting ready for the big night out.






Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s box. I don’t think they did the best job at bringing classic products or items that would fit me well, but there are a few that I really love. That highlighter is my favorite, and I will love using those sheet masks. The lipstick is a pretty color and that brush is nice, and will work in my rotation. The bronzer doesn’t fit in this month’s bag, but I will be happy to hold onto this for the future. This month’s bag has a value of $48.17. That is great for a $10 box, but surprisingly a little less than normal. I had high hopes for this month, and Ipsy just fell short, so I hope that March really delivers.



If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or to gift to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment