Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sephora Play! February 2017 Review - The Soft Side

Yeah! My Sephora Play! box has arrived for the month of February, and since this is the month of love, I am hoping for some great pink and red items for to help celebrate both Galentine’s Day and Valentine’s Day. Sephora Play! is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers six sample size products of brands and items sold at Sephora. These products range from hair, nails, makeup, skincare, and there is a fragrance sample in each box. The monthly subscription box only costs $10, and the value usually reaches $50, so this is a great way to try out new brands and products at an affordable price. I can’t wait to see what is in store for me this month.


This month’s theme is Soft Side. Rather it be our skin, hair, or makeup look, this month is all about softening it up and keeping it smooth. I absolutely love this month’s theme. I don’t think there is anything more romantic than cuddling up next to soft skin or keeping your makeup light and soft. I am expecting this box to contain some hair cream, silky lotion, and some soft pinks or nudes to keep our makeup romantically light and pretty. This month drawstring bag is super cute too, and it works perfectly with the theme. The soft pink and satin make this bag romantic and perfect for jewelry or delicate makeup storage.




$29.50 – 1.7 oz    ($4.16 Value)

I apply moisturizer every single morning, but I tend to skip the toner step, as I don’t normally have a whole lot of time, and I hate applying too many layers to my temperamental skin. This moisturizer by Clinique not only leaves you with 24 hours of hydration, but it also blurs imperfections such as pores and fine lines. This leaves your skin prepped for makeup for flawless coverage, or can be used as a makeup alternative. This product also reduces shine, controls oil, and leaves a matte finish. I am absolutely obsessed with this product, and I have been using it every day since it’s arrived. This product will also help create a soft and beautiful, flawless face that will allow you to get close to your valentine.




$30.00 – 0.5 oz    ($10.20 Value)

This is a product that I’ve actually purchased in the past, and I absolutely loved it, so I am excited to have more of the product to use. This eye cream is ideal for morning’s after, as it wakes up tired eyes by brightening, reducing unsightly bags, and restoring a radiant look. I personally love the orange, citrus scent, which helps me get ready for the day. I do usually only use eye creams at night, but this will be a great product to use for those mornings that came just a little too early. I also love that it contains coffee beans, so it actually wakes up your skin. I do have so many eye creams that are shelved right now, since I can’t seem to possibly get through them, so this is a little excessive, but I will be reaching for this one first.




$22.00 – 0.14 oz    ($4.71 Value)

Too Faced creates some of the best makeup products, so I am excited to receive an item from their line. This super soft, nude color helps plump your lips all while helping them shine. It is also infused with ingredients like jojoba and avocado oil, which helps soften and smooth your lips. I am not a huge fan of glossy lips (matte is normally what I look for), but this color and shine are absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day. Also, since it softens your lips, it fits with the theme perfectly. This is also a huge sample, so you won’t ever need to purchase the full size product. This isn’t a product that I would normally purchase on my own, but I am so happy to now have it in my collection.




$12.00 – 0.33 oz    ($3.42 Value)

I think big lashes are so romantic, and I wouldn’t dare go on a Valentine’s date without them. This mascara by Sephora helps lengthen, define, and volumize lashes all in a jet black shade. I wear mascara every day, and I am always looking to find the best formulas to create major lashes without gluing on falsies. I am super impressed with this product. My lashes were huge, and I didn’t even need to double coat with a different wand. Also, my lashes didn’t fall flat halfway through the day. I love this, and I am also pretty happy with the price. I will definitely be scooping up one another tube once this runs out. 




$24.00 - 0.17 oz    ($9.88 Value)

I love the idea of multisticks. They have so much versatility, and they are perfect for travel. This product is so unique, too, as it applies like a cream, but wears like a powder, so it isn’t heavy and easily blends. This rose taupe is so romantic, and can be worn as eyeshadow, lipstick, or blush. While this color may not be the best for my eyes, it makes a beautiful blush. I was a little weirded out to wear it as lipstick, and while it didn’t have lasting power, it did look nice. I think this color is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and it is soft enough to go with the theme. I want to try out this product in all their colors.




$225.00 – 1.7 oz    ($6.62 Value)

I am not always that excited about the fragrance sample, as I have so many, and you know, it’s just a scent, but Valentine’s Day pulls those romantic vibes right out of me, and I am really excited about a new scent to wear around my boyfriend. This fragrance by Tom Ford has notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin, orange flower, and lavender. It is smells, fresh, vibrant, and sparkling, which are all things I love, but I was hoping for something a little more flowery and sweet. I will still be wearing this to keep things happy and fresh, but just not for Valentine's Day. 


Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. The face moisturizer and eye cream are complete wins, and I will be using every last drop. The mascara is great too. It is the ideal cheap alternative to those high end brands. The lip gloss and multistick are both items I would have never purchased on my own, but I am glad I have them to play with now. I was hoping for a more sweet and romantic fragrance, but I will definitely wear this eventualy. This month’s box has a value of $38.99. That is actually a little lower than usual, but still pretty incredible. I am really enjoying this subscription more and more every month, so I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in March.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out the best of Sephora brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment