Sunday, February 5, 2017

Popsugar Must Have February 2017 Review - XOXO

Yea! My Popsugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of February, and it is quite early. I know they like to deliver the February box before Valentine’s Day, so we get this month’s weeks before usual. Popsugar Must Have is a monthly subscription box that delivers the best of beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95, but always values of $100, and the products are perfectly curated, you are bound to love this box. I spend closer to $29 a box, because I am locked into a yearly subscription, so I feel even greater about the products and the value. February boxes are my second favorite after fall boxes, so I cannot wait to dig inside. Let’s get to the themes.


This box doesn’t exactly have themes, but instead curates the products around words of inspiration. This month’s inspirational words are Flirty, Love, Sweets, Positive Impact, and Romance. These are all words I would resonate with Valentine’s Day, so it seems as though this will be a very heavy Valentine’s box. I am thinking it will be full of red items that will be perfect for date night, rather it be dress and heels for a fancy dinner, or my favorite, sweatpants and sushi while binge-watching. Some products for Galentine’s Day, like at home spa products, would be great as well.




$98

This is something I would never expect from Popsugar, and I am in love! This brand’s products are made from artisans from all over the world, so this feels really special since it is technically made just for you. I am in love with the double sided pattern, which makes it kind of a two-in-one clutch, but also lets you pick which you like more. It does lean towards a more urethral, hippie style, and it doesn’t exactly work with my style, but I can definiltey find ways to mix it in. For one instance, this can be folded out and used as a tablet holder. I think that works perfectly for me, and I think it will look great next to me at a coffee shop. I would never spend $100 on this clutch, but I am glad it is now in my collection, so I think this is the perfect addition. Also, this isn’t clichĂ© Valentine’s Day, but it works well with the themes and fits.  




$26

This is another item I wouldn’t think Popsugar would deliver, but it fits perfectly. These false lashes are made with 100% silk and can be used up to 25 times. I think the storage box is beautiful, and I am glad it comes with glue, since I didn’t previously own any. I am not one to normally use false lashes, but have in weddings in the past, so I understand how great they make your lashes look and how much they can step up your look. I am really happy with the quality, and since I won’t use them but twice a year, these will last me a while. I think these are best for those fancy Valentine’s Day dinners, and since I will be at home making dinner and watching classic romance movies on Netflix, I will just hold onto these for those summer wedding, which are right around the corner. 




$58

Unlike most, I don’t wear a lot of jewelry, and dainty pieces are very opposite my personal style, so this necklace is just not the item for me. We have received a Kris Nations product before in our Popsugar Box, and while I did gift those forward as well, I was impressed with the quality and unique style. This cursive “love” necklace is a light gold, so you can mix it with a lot of your jewelry. Also, the warmth of the gold will work perfectly with all your pink and red Valentine’s Day outfits. This, as I said before, is just not for me, but I can see many subscribers loving this necklace and finding a place for it in their wardrobe not only this month, but all year long. Since it comes in great packaging, this would be great giftable item as well. I will be giving this to my bestie for Galentine’s Day.



$35 - 7.5 oz

This luxurious body item is right up my alley and perfect for not only this love holiday season, but really every day of the year. Winter makes my skin super dry, so this body butter is perfect timing. The candlenut oil helps approve elasticity, soothes, and brings back your best glow. Personally, I am in love with the scent. It is lightly tropical and sweet, so it doesn’t overpower, but I can still smell it a while later. I am obsessed with the formula too. It is on the thicker side, but it dries fast, and it leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated without feeling oily. I have seen this product floating around subscription boxes for a while, and I am really excited I finally got the chance to try it out, and this will be my fancy go to. You know I will be using this for Valentine’s Day as well.




$6 - 2.8 oz

I’ve tried this chocolate before in the past, and while it was a different flavor, I absolutely loved it and it left me wanting more. Of course, it is hard to justify purchasing a $6 chocolate bar, especially since I tend to not purchase sweets at all, so I’ve never tried it again. This cinnamon cereal chocolate bar is supposed to remind us of cinnamon toast crunch, which gets me really excited about trying it out even more. I normally fret about receiving sugar loaded food items in this subscription box, but nothing is more fitting then chocolate on Valentine’s Day. If I can even wait, I am going to save this to share with my BF on the big day, as it will work as a great after dinner snack while watching our movies. I think this is a great fit for this month, and one I will really enjoy. 




$7.99 - 0.15 oz

This lipstick is listed as a “Special Extra,” which I understand because most drugstore products are, but this box normally comes with six products, and this being the sixth, I really just want it to be an additional beauty item. This beautiful tube lipstick is your classic red with blue undertones, so it touches on the modern side, and it will make your teeth look white (believe me!). I also notice this comes from Revlon’s higher end line with products that are a little pricey and luxurious. I am really enjoying this packaging, too, as it is decorated with the world “love” in many different languages. I “love” that we are back to classic lipstick (I’m over the liquid stuff), and it is moisturizing. I will definitely be wearing this for our next date night. I cannot think of a better item for this month.



Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. It was very “Valentinesy” without going to obvious or over the top. The clutch, body butter, lipstick, chocolate, and lashes are all great, and they will definitely get good use from me. The necklace isn’t really my style, but I will find someone to love it. I am a little bummed by the beauty and fashion heavy box (no home, fitness, lifestyle, or book items), but that makes sense for this lovely holiday. I was and will still hope for a romantic novel in the next box. This month’s box has a value of $230.99! That is insane, and I think the most, if not close, to the highest value ever. I paid $29, so to me I just received five items for free. I am guessing March will be more lifestyle heavy, so I cannot wait for that. 


If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or anyone you love to great treats and the best of everything at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment