Saturday, March 3, 2018

Ipsy Glam Bag December 2017 Review - Snow Globe

Yea! My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of December, and I am really excited to check out everything inside. These December boxes feel extra special because of the holidays and all the joy and happiness that comes with. Ipsy is a monthly subscription bag that delivers at least five full and sample size products to your door in a specially crafted makeup bag for only $10. These always have a high value, and they deliver products from a wide range, so each month is a fun surprise. I can’t wait to dig in.



This month’s theme is “Snow Globe.” Ipsy does have a new theme each and every month, but the products rarely represent them. Instead, the theme is carried through by the specially created makeup bag. This month’s bag reminds me of the winter chill, and it is pretty cute. These makeup bags are great for organizing, light travel, or even packing for kids. I like to use them when I travel or to organize all my samples.




Purlisse Beauty Coconut + Rice Nourishing and Green Tea + Ginger Treatment Sheet Mask

$8.00 each    ($16.00 Value)

I am a fan of both the brand Purlisse and sheet masks, so I am happy to see this addition to this month’s box. These two sheet masks offer two different remedies. The first will nourish the skin with coconut and rice, while the second will rejuvenate the skin. A lot of my current sheet masks are for moisturizing, which is the same effect I receive from face cream, so I am happy to receive these different options. I am most excited about the rejuvenating mask, because sometimes my skin needs an extra lift. These will be great to hold onto when my skin needs some added love.





TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Grean Tea Watery Moisture Cream

$25.00 - 60 ml    ($4.17 Value)

Korean skincare is so trendy, and this green tea moisturizer is not only the essence of this trend, but it also works so well. I am used to using cream moisturizers, but this watery gel does the trick, and it doesn’t leave you face felling or appearing wet like I expected. It also did a great job moisturizing, but it is so much more. This product will help repair and rejuvenative skin as well. After a few uses, my skin looked bright and younger. I love this item so much, and I just may need to repurchase. It isn’t a bad price either.





Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Lipstick in Legendary

$21.00 - 0.1 oz    ($16.80 Value)

There is no lip color better than the classic red, and this Smashbox sample is one of my favorite I’ve ever received. I am not in love with liquid lipsticks, because they dry out my lips, so these classic tube lipsticks with their updated formulas have been and still are my go-to purchase. This color is so great as well. It has the perfect blue undertones that keep my eyes and teeth looking whiter than ever. This may be small, but this sample will last me forever, because I rarely go with a bold lip, but when I do use this, it will fit perfectly in my small clutch.





Luxie Beauty Precision Shader Onyx Brush 239

$14.00 

Ipsy does a good job at including beauty tools with their makeup products, and I am always excited to receive a brush, sponge, or curler. Unfortunately, they always, and I mean always, send me eyeshadow brushes, which I have way too many of, and really don’t need anymore. If that were not the case, this shader brush from Luxie is really nice. The bristles are packed perfectly, and the brush is built nicely. While I may not need this brush, it is a great addition, but Ipsy should pay attention to how many they send me. I DON’T NEED ANYMORE!





Glamour Dolls x Lisa Frank Eyeshadow in Hearthrob

$6.99 - 3.5 g    (Full Size!)

This month’s Glam Bag has been mostly amazing, but this is just not for me. I love that my 90’s childhood is back with this Lisa Frank and Glamour Dolls colab, but my makeup has grown up since then, and this eye shadow just does not fit with my classic look. This brown looks like a bronzer, but instead is a highly pigmented eyeshadow, and one that is really bold. The product itself is nice, and I like that you don’t have to keep applying to show true color, but unfortunately, I wouldn’t want to show this true color anywhere on my skin. This will be passed on to one of my friends.





Overall, this month’s bag was pretty good. The bag design is nice but nothing too special. I am in love with the green tea moisturizer and lipstick, and they are two discoveries that I will continue to use. The two sheet masks are great as well, and I will be happy to use them when my skin needs a lift. The eyeshadow brush is nice, but I have so many that I really didn’t want this, and the eyeshadow is a complete bust. This month’s bag has a value of $57.96. That is pretty great for a $10 box, and while their boxes always have a great value, this is better than normal. This month had a few great finds and a complete bust, but I still can’t wait to see what they have in store for me the next time around.


If you would like to try Ipsy Glam Bag for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out so many brands and products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment