Saturday, March 3, 2018

Birchbox December 2018 Review - On the Dot, Off the Cuff

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of December, and I am so excited to dig it. The holidays are here, and these boxes always feel a bit more special. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five samples (and sometimes full size items) to your door around a theme for only $10. This subscription does a great job a curated items to your profile and reviews, which means they always send me an item that I incorporate into my routine. Le't see what is in store for us this month. 


This month’s theme is “On the Dot, Off the Cuff.” No matter if you are spending hours getting ready for a planned event or running from work to a last minute drinks date, these products will help you look your best. They will also give you those joyful and spirited vibes of the season. I love this theme, because this month is always a little crazy, and I have so many events that have been planned for months, but there are always those parties that come up last minute. I am hoping for some glam products mixed with some items that I can carry with me in my purse.



Davines MINU Illuminating Shampoo & Conditioner

$26.00 / $30.00 - 8.45 fl oz    ($9.11  Value)

Davines makes some of my favorite shampoo and conditioner products, as they leave my hair extra shiny and soft, so I am really excited about this deluxe sample of shampoo and complimentary conditioner. This formula is made for dyed hair to bring it back to the color we, well, dyed it. But, it also illuminates hair by leaving it healthy and shiny, and the scent it so great too. While this isn’t my favorite formula from their line, I still liked it quite a bit, and it is so practical as well. It may not go along with the theme, but this is still a great start to this month.



Davines MINU Hair Serum

$25.00 - 5.07 fl oz    ($0.99 Value)

If you thought your shampoo and conditioner were the only way to protect your colored hair and make it last longer, you were wrong. This serum uses ingredients like caper blossom to seal in color and create major shine. Also, it smells just as good as the shampoo and conditioner. While I am happy to try this out, I really wish it were in a spray bottle. That way, I’d be able to apply it evenly to my hair. Otherwise, I think this gave my hair an extra boost. This would be perfect to use before a big night out. 



Whish Botanical Primer

$35.00 - 2 oz    ($8.75 Value)

I have been wearing  lot of primers lately, and I am a fan of the Whish brand, so I am excited to try out their primer. This product is packed with ingredients like Japanese honeysuckle and seabuckthorn which nourishes while it preps your skin for makeup. I personally love that it balances, protects, and hydrates my skin as well. Honestly, it does such a good job, I could just wear this alone. I feel like this held onto my foundation all day and prevented caking while minimizing pores. This is the product I’ve been looking for my entire life.



Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum

$85.00 - 1 oz    ($14.37 Value)

Everyone is obsessed with Sunday Riley, but I haven’t had a chance to try out enough of their products, so I am glad I received another sample. This serum can be applied either day at night on a clean face to help brighten, tighten, and plump your complexion. With ingredients like Vitamin C and E, this product will also help stop the signs of aging and even out your complexion. At first, I thought this was more of a makeup product and worked like an illuminator, but I am excited it will actually repair my skin. With one use, I already see a difference.





M.A.C Cosmetics False Lashes Mascara

$23.00 - 0.28 oz    ($5.75 Value)

One of my favorite items to receive in my subscription boxes are mascaras. I love trying out the different formulas and ingredients, but I hate paying full price for a tube that I hate. Also, I wear mascara every day, so it is really practical. This formula and wand delivers volume, curl, and color without smudging or flaking. I really like this mascara and it made my lashes look great. Usually I have to layer two different products, but this gives enough volume and fullness to wear alone. I am a definite fan.




Juliette Has A Gun Anyway

$100.00 - 50 ml    ($3.40 Value)

I feel like everyone in the perfume game is doing it the same, until it comes to Juliette Has A Gun. Their perfumes are a little weird and hard and can be worn by both men and women. This scent is made with notes of lime essence, neroli, jasmine, and ambroxan which gives it a citrusy yet flower scent. The other scents I’ve tried from their line have been spicy and wild, but this is so up my alley. I could wear this to an outdoor festival or an art opening. This creative mix will match both environments perfectly.





Birchbox Eyelash Curler

$13.00

It’s the holidays, and Birchbox is celebrating by sending this eyelash curler as an extra gift in everyone’s box. Once upon a time, I would use an eyelash curler every single day, but now my mascara does the trick. But, now that I have a new one, I may have to jump back on the train. I did pack this with me over the holidays, and I was a little disappointed to see the foam bar had already fallen out, but at least I was able to find it and fit it back in. This may be on the cheaper side, but I do like that Birchbox gifted this to us. I love that they are even in the holiday spirit.





Overall, I really liked this box. I was really excited to receive three Davines products, and the mascara is one of my new favorites. The face serum and primer are so great as well. The perfume is unlike anything I’ve worn before, and I am glad to add it to my collection. Honestly, everything was really a hit, and I think I may have discovered some new favorites. The eyelash curler is a nice special extra too, even if it is on the cheaper side. This month’s box has a value of $55.37. That is absolutely amazing for a $10 box, and it is much more than the average Birchbox. I hope they keep this up in the New Year.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different products and brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment