Saturday, March 3, 2018

Target Beauty Box Men's Winter 2017 Review - Hello Holidays

Yea! My boyfriend’s Target Holiday Box has arrived for the 2017 year, and while these products aren’t for me, I love opening them up and checking each item out with him. Target comes out with a women’s beauty box every month, but they do come out with a men’s box twice a year, once in the summer and another for the holidays in December. These boxes range from $5 to $10 depending on the value, but this one in particular cost $7. They are stocked full of full size, travel size, and single sample products, so they are always worth the cost.


This year’s holiday box’s theme is what else, “Hello Holidays.” I guess when you come out with only two boxes a year, you don’t have to get too creative with the theme, but at least it works. Really, and theme isn’t quite important for the men’s boxes, because they tend to deliver products from the same few brands. We both like this though, because he finally has travel size products to pack for our overnight trips, and he doesn’t like to stretch too far from his comfort zone. Let’s check out to see what is inside.




$6.79 - 12 fl oz    ($1.70 Value)

We are already off to a great start with this dual travel sized shampoo and conditioner, as this is a brand that he knows and love, the only time he conditions is if it is a two in one, and this travel size will keep him from packing his huge bottle for a one night trip. (It adds so much weight and space to our checked luggage too.) We both really like this scent as well. It is masculine without being too much, and it leaves his hair cleans and shiny. This is a win!




$5.49 - 3.8 oz    (Full Size!)

I received this product for women in one of my more recent Target boxes, and it has quickly become a favorite, so I am happy that my boyfriend now has a spray deodorant of his own. I thought that this would leave my pits damp, but the spray goes on dry. Also, it smells amazing. My boyfriend loves using this after a workout when he needs a little extra help, and when he isn’t wearing a shirt, it is so easy to use. For me, it does get a little difficult if my shirt is too tight, because I need some room to disperse the spray. 




$15.99 - 4 oz    ($4.00 Value)

This is my boyfriend number one favorite item to receive in these boxes, and I am happy it is a new brand he has never tried and a pomade (not a gel), because it makes his hair look so much more natural and handsome. This pomade has a really nice light scent, and I’d say it works well too. He likes it as well. He says that it styles easy and leaves his hair in place without making it appear crunchy. Knowing him, he will probably be repurchasing this once he runs out.




$6.99 - 4.1 oz    ($1.45 Value)

While he may not be too excited about this item in his box, I am really happy, and I will most likely be stealing this from him. I love receiving travel sizes of products I recently use in these subscription boxes, and I have been using Crest’s 3D white products for a while now. I drink a lot of coffee and have noticed my teeth aren’t as white as they used to be, but by simply switching out my regular toothpaste with this, they have brightened dramatically. I will be saving this for my next trip.




$10.00 - 10 ct    ($2.00 Value)

Something we want to work out, but we don’t have the time to shower, but these body cleansing clothes are the perfect way to wipe down your body easily and quickly without feeling like you are sweaty and gross underneath your clothes. My boyfriend won’t easily reach for these, but I gave one a try. I wasn’t a huge fan of the scent, because it was a bit to hipster male, but the cloth did work well. I wish it didn’t dry as quick as it did though, and you really might need two to cover your entire body, but this was a great sample to try out. I probably won’t be purchasing though.




$5.49 - 18 oz    ($0.55 Value)

It wouldn’t be the Men’s Beauty Box without a body wash sample, and I’m glad it’s included, because his body wash bottle is so large, and he loves to bring it with him whenever we travel. This body and face wash from Dove is a tried and true product in our household, and this is another product my boyfriend is excited to add to his travel collection. This does smell just as you expect, but it isn’t too harsh and I like it a lot. It is nice to receive these loved product along with new samples.




$11.99 each - 4 oz / 1 oz    ($2.55 Value)

This one may be the only complete bust in the box, as my boyfriend does not wear a beard, ever. As soon as he gets just a little scruffy, he shaves it all off, so this product will just have to go completely unused. While he doesn’t have any close friends with beards, I know he has some with, so he’ll have to wait until one of them heads over so he can hand it off. I do like the new product, though, and it would be a great addition if he did.



Overall, this was a pretty great box. I like that they included a deluxe sample size of the shampoo and body wash. These will be great when we travel and will no longer need to pack two large bottles for a weekend trip. The full size spray deodorant is so practical, and my boyfriend is in love with the pomade. Personally, I am happy about the toothpaste sample. The body wipes and beard oil were nice to try, but he won’t be repurchasing. This season’s box has a value of $17.74. That is pretty good for $7, but it is actually a lot less than it usually is. I think Target has been lowering the value over the years. Even still, I will be purchasing them each and every time.


If you would like to try these Target Men’s boxes for yourself, check out the website around the first of July and December. Be sure to purchase them when you see them, because they do sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment