Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sephora Play! December 2017 Review - The 2017 Play! List

Yea! My Sephora Play! has arrived for the month of December, and I can't wait to check out all my samples for the month. December boxes are always a little more exciting because of all the festivities and holidays this month. Sephora Play! is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers six samples to your door in a bag for only $10. These samples range from skin care, makeup, hair products, and nail polish. Plus, one sample is always a fragrance to finish up your look. These boxes have a great value, and I always find products that I love, which makes these one of the best boxes around. 


This month's theme is "The 2017 Play! List." It highlights and breakdowns all the stats from the last year for this subscription box, but it also delivers the best and favorite beauty products from the entire year. I am a little bummed that this month's box doesn't highlight the holidays, but I am more than excited for a month full of top rated and loved products. I am hoping for some great hair and skin care, but I wouldn't mind everyone's favorite lipstick, eyeshadow, or blush either. Let's hope for all of the above. 




$29.00 - 0.27 fl oz    ($5.37 Value)

Alright, this is what I was hoping for! I love smashbox, and this eye shadow duo is more than I expected. While I normally wouldn't reach for these colors, they are so pretty, and they make the best lid and crease mix. Not only are these great colors for everyday, the warm tones are great for these cool months, and this would be great for travel. It is easily an entire look on the go. Plus, this brand always brings the best quality. 




$16.00 - 0.16 fl oz    ($7.00 Value)

I feel like Sephora may have read my mind, because I was hoping for some lip color as well, but I am just not a gloss person. I love the matte look that has been trending, and I hate the stickiness of lip gloss. Therefore, gloss is usually my last pick. This color is really pretty, though, and I love it for this time of year, but it would look great any time as well. Also, Anastasia is such a great brand, and I completely understand why so many people love it and it was added in this month's box. I will probably just hand this off to one of my friends. 




$26.00 - 4.2 oz    ($2.16 Value)

While I know of Drybar from their high end blowouts, this is the first I've seen, let alone tried, one of their products. This spray will help elongate your blowout by adding texture and volume while giving your hair a tousled look. I don't really have the time or money to head to my nearest Drybar, so this product may be the closest I get at home. I will say, with one use my hair looked amazing. It was full of life and volume while still manageable and soft to the touch. It also smells great, so clean and fresh. The only downside, this canister is so small, and this will only be enough for a few uses. I'll have to make the most of them. 




$28.00 - 0.18 oz    ($7.78 Value)

While I do love my classic powder eyeshadows that you apply with a separate brush, these tube shadows have made applying more simplistic and travel so light. Plus, you can use these colors as a one shade / all over look, or they can be mixed with other colors for something more dramatic. This product is a favorite for a reason. It spreads over the lid easily and dries without smudging, especially in the crease. This color is great as well for a touch or light and color without looking too made up. Basically, it was made for me. I am a fan of this product, and I am so glad Sephora added it in my box. 




$42.00 - 1.7 oz    ($11.61 Value)

Illumination creams have been all the rage this year, so I am not surprised to see this in a best of 2017 box. I love how these products give your skin a touch of glow without making your skin too shiny. But it's not just a makeup product. This cream will help firm and lift your skin's texture while you wear it. I would never spend over $40 on a product like this, but I am so glad I had a chance to try it out. Plus, this deluxe sample is more than a quarter of the full size, so I will get many uses out of it. This is a reason why I love this box so much. 




$122.00 - 1.7 oz    ($3.59 Value)

Most beauty boxes include five items, and most subscribers dislike when one is a perfume sample. Sephora fixed this issue by delivering six samples with one always a scent. I personally love these perfume samples, because I love mixing up my scent by mood, occasion, or season, and this allows me to always keep it fresh. This scent has notes of incense, orchid, patchouli, and sandalwood. I am not into floral scents usually, but this one is so dark and intense, and I am into it's dark personally. I can see myself wearing it to a dark and intimate whisky bar one a date or out with my girls. 



Overall, this month was pretty great. I wish they did a best of all the time, because they really nailed this month for me. I am a huge fan of the eye shadows, and the illumination cream made my face glow while improving my skin. The dry bar spray is really great for my thin hair too. It's just too bad it won't last but a few days use. The perfume was something I enjoyed too. I will have to wear it when I'm going out for some cocktails. The lip gloss was the only real fail for me, and I will just pass that along to a friend. This month's box has a value of $37.51. That is pretty good for a Sephora Play!, but not the best. I really like most of the products, so the value is just icing on the cake. 


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out many different products and brands at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment