Sunday, June 22, 2014

Birchbox June 2014 Review - Away We Go

Yea! Another Birchbox has arrived, and I am pretty excited. While I have may subscription boxes showing up at my door every month, Birchbox continues to prove it's high quality taste in beauty products.


Birchbox is a beauty sample subscription box that is delivered to your door for $10 a month. They curate each box according to your taste. Plus, you can earn points which can be used  towards purchasing full size items.

 
The theme for this box is Away We Go. All the items in this month's box are perfect for packing in your carry on for jet setting anywhere around the world, road tripping to the next state over, or even having a luxurious staycation. 



$34 - 120g         

This face rejuvenator is such a great face wash. It left my face clean and bright. Plus, it smells like your on vacation. Perfect for those of us who don't have the time to actually leave home. I will be using this when the sun has touched my face a little more than usual, but I'll avoid it when I have an acne flair. Unfortunately, this formula doesn't contain any acne mediation. 



$16 - 0.04 oz        

I am not into any exciting or daring colors, so this silver eyeliner is just not my thing. I am a little disappointed in Birchbox for sending me this color, but maybe I'll give it a try. I do like how smoothly it goes on, but I tend to prefer a sharper line. This sample just isn't for me. 



$24 - 8 oz       

I love, Love, LOVE the smell of this shampoo. I could smell this in my hair all day. Also, it left my hair so soft and manageable. I wish it were a little cheaper, but it could be completely worth the price. I'm not sure how this fits in with the theme, but at least it's compact. 


Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner

$27.50 - 8 oz               

This condintioner smells just as great as the shampoo, but it's formula was a little heavier than what I like. This conditioner is specifically for curly and unmanageable hair, which is far from my straight and limp hair. Also, the sample size is pretty small compared to the shampoo. I guess I won't get to use them completely together. 


Davines Ol / All In One Milk

$28 - 135 ml                  

Hair oil isn't exactly something that I need for my hair, because it is normally not too dry, but I will be able to use this after dying or a long weekend in the sun. This product smells as great as the shampoo and conditioner, which is the best quality. I hope that Birchbox stops including hair cleansing samples in every single box. I'd really prefer more practical makeup.


Egyptian Magic Skin Cream

$26 - 2 oz              

This magic skin cream did smooth out my rough feet, but I wasn't a huge fan of the oiliness it left behind. With it's aloe additives, it can be used as a treatment for burns after a long day in the sun, which is great for my pale skin, but I'd rather use it as a moisturizer. If only this were in my January box instead of the June box. It would make more sense to me. 


Folle de Joie eau de Parfum

$98 - 3.4 fl oz       

This perfume mixes the scents of strong and spicy with powdery floral. It isn't my favorite scent, because I prefer more citrusy and playful scents, but I will definitely use this up. Every time I smell it, I imagine myself on a vacation to an exotic island. I will definitely be using this for a sexy summer date.


This isn't my least favorite Birchbox, but it is close to the bottom. I'm tired of receiving shampoo and conditioner samples, and Birchbox seemed to not pay attention to my preferences this month. Plus, I didn't see how many of the samples pertained to the theme. I estimated this box to be worth $32.38, which is at least more than I spent. I will continue on with Birchbox because I'm hoping that this month is just a sour apple. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you can discover new luxury items to add to your beauty routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment