Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Birchbox May 2014 Review - Freewheeling

This is the first time that I didn't watch the sneak peak video before receiving my Birchbox, so this month will be a complete surprise. This Birchbox features Kate Spade's new brand, Saturday. I love that Birchbox offers special deals and freebies along with their great samples.


My Birchbox's have been getting better and better, so I hope that it will continue with my May box!


The theme for May is Freewheeling. It is all about not following the rules and just doing things on a whim. May's Birchbox will help you take a playful approach on beauty, fashion, and your planner. Don't write it in pen!


This Birchbox is loaded! Literally packed to the brim. I feel like the longer I am with Birchbox, and the more I rate the samples they send me, the more they know me and what I like!


Caldrea Body Wash

$18.00 - 11.5 oz    

This seriously smells so good, and stays with you long after your shower. I avoid putting on any other scents after using this, because I don't want to mask it. Oh, and it works great as a body wash. Perfect for the days that you want a little luxury in your day. 


Caldrea Body Lotion

$22.00 - 8 oz      

I'm not head over heels about this lotion like I am about the body wash. This smells good, but it wasn't my favorite, and the lotion wasn't as thick as I like. Because it wasn't my favorite, I probably won't be purchasing the full size, but I did enjoy the sample. 



$8.00 - 4 oz

Such a great lip color!! I have to have moisture in anything I put on my lips, so this product is perfect for me. Also, this lip color is so cute. It is perfect for spring and for freewheeling with a new, yet cool color. I'm going to get this in every color.


CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40

$20.00 - 1.5 oz    

The concept of this SPF is great! This CoTZ sunscreen is light and non greasy, which is perfect for your face, but also acts like a foundation. It's the perfect way to not go all natural without baring it all. This will be coming with me to every pool party this summer. 


Nexxus Color Assure Pre-Wash Primer

$17.99 - 3.3 oz     

I couldn't really see if this pre-wash primer helped lock in my hair color, because it wasn't a very large sample. My color tends not to last very long, so I hope that this does work.

Nexxus Color Assure Vibrancy Retention Shampoo

$11.99 - 13.5 oz    

I'm not a huge fan of this shampoo. I don't like how it didn't really sud up, and I felt like it didn't clean as well as the other shampoo's that I use. Again, the sample wasn't big enough  to see if it worked, but I don't think it is worth it either way. 

Nexxus Color Assure Vibrancy Retention Conditioner

$14.99 - 13.5 oz     

This conditioner smelled great and did leave my hair conditioned, but I feel like I couldn't rinse it completely out of my hair. My hair is normally soft and weightless, and this trio left my hair a little greasy. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with fine or thin hair. 



$17.00 - 9.5 oz      

I am obsessed with candles, so it was exciting to see one as my Lifestyle Extra. This candle literally smells like spring, which is something that many other candle brands can not master. I want to sample all of their candles!


Besides the Nexxus samples, I absolutely love everything in this box! Birchbox seems to get to know me more and more over the months. Also, this box was worth more than I spent at approximately $16.30.


Birchbox costs only $10 a month, but it also allows you to earn points by referring friends and by reviewing the products. If you would like to start your own subscription to Birchbox, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment