Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Dog Box April 2014 Review

My first Happy Dog Box has arrived and not only am I excited, but so is my dog! Because I already receive BarkBox every month, I am looking to compare to see if I would like to subscribe to this box also, or switch over to this box completely. 


This first thing I noticed after opening the box is that Happy Dog Box doesn't have a theme, which is something I really enjoy about Barkbox. It could hold the box back from great items because they have to fit the theme, so maybe this is for the best.


Petsport Marine Critter Tuff Squeaks

$7.00

This toy is the first thing I grabbed from the box. My dog was trying to grab it before I could even examine it myself. It is a great toss and tug toy. Plus, it squeaks, which is something my dog cannot resist. It claims to be tuff and unbreakable, but my dog had it open within a hour of receiving it. It was great while it lasted. 


Nootie Yumzies Jerky Chews

$12.99 - 12.5 oz bag

These Yumzies Jerky Chews are the perfect treat. They are nice and soft and start large, but can be broken into smaller pieces depending on the size of treat you want to give. My dog loves them, too. It is so nice to have soft treats around for tricks or praising for obeying. 


Earthbath Grooming Wipes

$8.99 - 100 count          $0.09

Grooming wipes are necessary in my household for muddy paws or sick puppies, so this was a great addition to the box. Unfortunately, it is just a sample size with one wipe. It did work great, though, and I will be purchasing more. 


Whole Life Grilled Chicken Breast Treats

$11.99 - 4 oz bag         $3.60

These treats aren't what I expected. They have a light wafers texture from being freeze dried. Made from all natural lean chicken, I am completely happy with feeding these to my dog. Also, these are sourced and made in the USA. 


Barkworthies Lamb Ribs

$1.58

I've received Barkworthies in other boxes, but these lamb ribs are completely new. I love jerky treats for my dog, because it takes a while to chew them, and also, my dog thinks they are so good! I hope that we continue to receive barkworthies in many boxes to come. 


Smart n' Tasty Canine Dental Treats

$13.85 - 15 oz bag      $0.92

Dental treats are a must for any dog that gets stinky breath. For my dog, this is an every day occurrence. These Smart n' Tasty treats lasted longer than more dental treats and also seemed to work longer. The pepperminty middle is surrounded by a yummy outer shell so the whole treat gets eaten. This sample was enough for me to purchase a whole bag.


Smart n' Tasty Piggy Twist

$6.29

This twist treat went a lot faster than I thought it would. In about 10 minutes it was gone, but that isn't saying it wasn't enjoyed. For the price, it is a very thoughtful gift.


Compared to Barkbox, Happy Dog Box has a wide array of products. Everything from toys, treats of all sizes, rawhides, and cleaning products. I did miss the theme that comes with Barkbox, though, and I feel like the products are more sample size than full size. Overall, I am happy with Happy Dog Box and will probably be trying it again. 


I estimated this box to be worth $32.47 which is a little more than the $28.00 I spent. If you would like to try Happy Dog Box for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment