Saturday, January 24, 2015

Beaty Box Five July 2014 Review - Defining Moments

My Beauty Box Five for July has arrived. I love receiving subscription boxes no matter what they are, but I was a little disappointed with last month's box, and I am still trying to see if I like it enough to keep my subscription. Beauty Box Five is a beauty subscription box with five full size and sample size items. For $12/month, this box is delivered to your door.


This month's theme is Defining Moments. It is all about the things that have made a change in your life for the better. These products will hopefully be their very own defining moments for me and become new favorites.



Revlon Bold Lacquer Length + Volume Mascara

$7.99 - 0.24 fl oz

Mascara is my favorite makeup product and this box came with a full size tube! I like the full coverage of this mascara and it definitely lengthened and created volume with my lashes. I am happy with the full size item, but I wish it were something that didn't come straight from a department store. On the bright side, I like the formula and it is something I will definitely use. Plus, I have never tried it before.  


SimySkin Anti-aging Eye Serum

$70.00 - 1 oz             

I love under eye treatments, because I have always had dark spots. This is a small sample, but because you need so little, this will last a long time. I have been using it for a few days and have yet to notice a difference, but it could definitely take a few days more. I smells nice and fresh, which is nice, because the application is so close to the nose. The full size item is a little too pricy for me, so I will happily use up the sample and call it a day. 


H20 Plus Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel

$18.00 - 4 fl oz       

I love face products, especially those that purify. This was a nice lightly foaming cleanser, and it left my face smooth and cleansed. It did leave my face a little dry, so I did have to use lotion afterwards. I tend to prefer face scrubs, because it feels like it gets a deeper clean. This will definitely get used, though. Unfortunately, it is a tiny sample and it will go quickly. 


Body Drench Candy Licious Lips

$3.99 - 0.09 oz

My lips are always chapped, and I am always putting on chapstick, but this was a miss for me. This product fells a little cheap and reminds me of something I would have gotten when I was a teenager. The red licorice flavor is nice, but I feel like a kid using it. I do like the red tint that this leaves on my lips, but that means I have to apply it with a mirror so I don't have clown mouth. That feels a little unnecessary for such an unglamorous chapstick. 


Hask Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment

$2.99 - 1.75 oz 

I tend to have greasy hair, so I don't really care to use deep conditioners until the dry, winter months. That being said I will save this for that time. I like the smell, and I trust this brand. I hope that is doesn't weigh down my hair too much. 


I estimate this month's box to be worth $28.09. I am more happy with this month's box than past boxes, but some of the products were complete misses for me. One thing I like about Beauty Box Five is the mixture of low and high end products. I am still not sure if I am going to continue with my subscription. Maybe I'll give it one more chance, but I am spending less on Birchbox and Ipsy and tend to get more value.


If you would like to try Beauty Box Five, just click here. For $12 a month, you could receive beauty products delivered right to your door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment