Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ipsy January 2015 Review - Fresh Start

My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of January. This is my 11th bag, so I am so close to my anniversary. Ipsy sometimes misses the mark, but I've liked it enough to keep it this long. For only $10 a month, it is a great value. Plus, the surprise each month is the best part. I can't wait to see what is inside. 


This month's theme is Fresh Start which is perfect for January when everyone is trying to be the best versions of themselves. The bag for this month is so cute too. The double sided, bright colors feels crisp and new, just like the theme. I hope that the products inside are as perfect as the bag and the theme. 


The items inside seem smaller than normal and all comfortable fit inside the bag, but everything looks pretty fun so far. I hope that size doesn't matter in this month's bag. 


(MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm

$12.00 - 7 g

This is my new favorite lip balm! The gel formula hydrates and soothes dry lips, plus it smells like an actual minty mojito on my lips. I like how the lip balm lasts without leaving a heavy residue. What a great addition to the January glam bag!


Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask

$35.00 - 1.7 oz          

I love masks because it is so gratifying to pull off all the dirt and grime. I actually hate honey, and this mask has the same smell and feel of the food. After overlooking this, I did really like the mask. It works like every peel, and left my skin feeling replenished, moisturized, and bright. I love when my glam bag introduces me to brands like this. 


Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner in Jet

$2.95 - 6 ml

I love receiving eyeliner in my glam bags, because I wear it every time I go out, but I never like to buy it on my own. This eyeliner is just alright. I like the liquid aspect, because I don't have to sharpen the pencil to keep the line smooth, but this didn't seem to last. It went on smoothly without smudging, but it seemed to flake off. It is really cheap to begin with, so I guess I don't expect it to be great. Kinda a miss for me. 


Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Shadow in Ethereal

$3.50 - 2.5 g

I've received this brand before, and every time I've been mediocrely happy. I like this brand and their cruelty-free, vegan formula, but the actual product is pretty basic. I will definitely use this even though it doesn't show much color. I could live or live without this product. But, I guess I wouldn't buy it on my own, so I am happy that I received it in my glam bag. 


Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush

$9.99

I've received a shadow brush in my glam bag before, and it ended up being my favorite brush. Again, I am loving this brush. It does a great job covering my entire eyelid with shadow. The bristles are densely packed, which I love! I wouldn't use this in my crease like they suggest, but I would use it for everything else. I hope that Ipsy keeps on sending my brushes. I love them!


 I really like this month's bag, theme, and products. Four of the five products in this bag were full size, and the only sample was deluxe. Besides the eyeliner, I am loving all the products and will definitely consider purchasing them when they run out. I estimate this month's bag to be worth $35.44 which is much more than the $10 I spent, and that doesn't even include the cute makeup bag. I love this month, and hope that Ipsy keeps it up!


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month you could try full size and sample size products curated to you and delivered to your door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment